Lost keyboard/joystick settings... Made HTML :-(...

Yesterday I decided to experiment the "Make HTML" option, for both the p51d and bs2 control mappings I had set along the last month... Well...

The result was a complete loss / corruption of my settings.

I was forced to define everything back, one by one :-(

What did I do wrong? Or... is this a known bug?

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Not sure why you would have lost all your settings by exporting to HTML...

To help prevent having to re-assign everything should you lose your settings as you did, once you have it all set up to your preference, click on the "save profile as" tab ( make sure you have the appropriate sim selected), and save it with a unique file name. This saves your input file into the saved game-DCS- folder, and you can then load it back in should something happen.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I hear ya, I am still going through a steep learning curve with A-10C, but enjoying every minute of it!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Oh! I thought I was the one. So I didn't share it. That's happened to me too. In that way:

I create HTML for my Saitek controls. Then I check HTML files, and I see dublicated controls. :censored: (Danm! I wish I got a screenshot!)

Later when I check controls in Option page, I see every line was red (for Saitek) and each one was double. :badmood:

I mean, it was "JOY_BTN34+JOY_BTN34" instead "JOY_BTN34" or it was "JOY_BTN12+JOY_BTN12" instead "JOY_BTN12"

I've fixed all one by one... It was very very annoyying! :ranting:

Edit: Found HTML file and attached...

Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller.zip

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Tongiht, happened again.

There's a bug with Make HTML function, definitely...

attachment.php?attachmentid=75206

Screen_121228_022115.png.e129547861ba28b01aeea8ae21c68d97.png

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...
Not sure why you would have lost all your settings by exporting to HTML...

To help prevent having to re-assign everything should you lose your settings as you did, once you have it all set up to your preference, click on the "save profile as" tab ( make sure you have the appropriate sim selected), and save it with a unique file name.

Note that this DOESN'T save every setting. It saves your key/axis for the selected AIRCRAFT and DEVICE. In other words, if you're looking at the Mig-29S and you have a box under TM Warthog Throttle selected, what will get saved is your Mig-29S key and axis assignments for your TM Warthog Throttle assignments.

This means, of course, that your Mig-29S assignments for your Joystick or Keyboard will NOT be saved.

Finally, you do NOT need to save out the profile in order for your changes to be applied. It's just if you want to back them up or copy them to another aircraft.

It's a little confusing and long-winded at first, but it's actually really powerful.

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Note that this DOESN'T save every setting. It saves your key/axis for the selected AIRCRAFT, CATEGORY and DEVICE. in other words, if you're looking at Sensors section of the Mig-29S and you have a box under TM Warthog Throttle selected, what will get saved is your TM Warthog Throttle assignments for the Sensors for the Mig-29S.

This means, of course, that your TM Warthog Throttle assignments for Navigation or Weapons will NOT be saved. Similarly, your Sensor assignments for your Joystick or Keyboard will NOT be saved.

This is incorrect. You cannot save just the View (or any other) section for a given controller. You select aircraft and controller but the category does not affect what gets saved. Regardless what category you are looking at, the saved lua will contain every command including axis commands for that controller/aircraft.

Tested two minutes ago with latest version.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is incorrect. You cannot save just the View (or any other) section for a given controller. You select aircraft and controller but the category does not affect what gets saved. Regardless what category you are looking at, the saved lua will contain every command including axis commands for that controller/aircraft.

Tested two minutes ago with latest version.

Ah! That's good info and definitely different to what I understood. Thanks for the clarification.

I'll edit my post to avoid causing confusion.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 2 months later...

I recently saved an HTML input file for the P51D and my input config got scrambled. So, I re configured my profile, and then made a complete copy of my input folder in saved games, config, input....the next day I tried to create a new HTML file...and again my config for the P51D got ruined...but this time I simply copied my P51D input folder from the copy I had made and saved.

So...there must be a bug when making the HTML file and for me the way to recover is to always remember to back up your config/input folder in Saved Games after you make any changes to any profiles...even if you never intend on creating an HTML input text file.

It would be good if ED could confirm if a bug exists in the process that creates the HTML file.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

It would be good if ED could confirm if a bug exists in the process that creates the HTML file.

I have not done the P-51 since 1.2.4 but I had no problem using it for the Huey and the P-51 worked at least a version or two ago.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: