Crashing to desk top on launch...

jon157uk

I tried search but didn't find anything that covered this.....

I've downloaded and installed DCS World and BS 2, everything seems fine until I actually try to play, I get as far as 'installing ground objects' and after that the game crashes and leaves me with the standard 'encountered a problem and had to close' report to Microsoft message. I've re-downloaded all the files and installed again but still get the same problem.

Any ideas please?

Could you post a dxdiag?

Is that during installation or while loading the game?

What is a 'dxdiag' and where do I find it?

It crashes whilst loading the game, I can get as far as the menu screen and I can do anything on the menu screen, i.e. - alter settings or control etc, etc.

The crash happens after I click 'mission' or 'campaign', just after the 'downloading ground objects', a small yellow cross-hair appears and then straight after that it crashes to desk top with an 'error report' message.

What is a 'dxdiag' and where do I find it?

In your start menu in the search bar type dxdiag, run it, then save the information to a file and post the contents of that text file or the text file itself.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

DXDiag is found by going here:

Start/Run....in the Run Box type DXDIAG... then the dialog opens and you will be able to create a DXDIAG.TXT file by Save All Information.. just save it to Desktop and input the txt file here with Code..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

DXDiag is found by going here:

Start/Run....in the Run Box type DXDIAG... then the dialog opens and you will be able to create a DXDIAG.TXT file by Save All Information.. just save it to Desktop and input the txt file here with Code..

OK guys I've run the DXDIAG, I'll try to post the file here....

DxDiag.txt

You'll be allowing your OS to allocate more memory to DCS, hopefully giving it enough to run. Additionally, to accompany that measure, you can try to reduce the preload radius in the options.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Changing the boot.ini did nothing apart from stop all my other games from running. I lowered the preload and BS 2 loaded OKbut then crashed when I left cockpit view. I don't understand this because this game was running fine until I uninstalled and added DCS World and my machine is well within the minimum specs posted on the website.

• 3 weeks later...