FIX FOR FC3 F-15......

Its not too wide, it seems too wide because of the way game graphics are stretching the image towards sides... there's better explanation about it somewhere here on forums, if you want to know more you'll have to do some searching... or someone will come up with direct link.

No longer active in DCS...

If you move your eye point in the cockpit back a little bit this is minimized (at the expense of HUD readability).

You can do this by editing files (I think) or by using trackIR. I use the trackIR method occasionally. The trick is to get comfortable in your chair, than lean forward a few inches, center your trackIR, than lean back and get comfortable.

If you use trackIR this might be a nice quick fix. If not, it's probably not worth the hassle as the HUD readability is quite limited with a fixed centered view and the eye point moved back.

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

I think that the f-15 overhead front cover frame is too wide,it should be like the original in LO1,FC1-2,that frame is very distracting and 5 enemies planes could be behind and no way to see them,that's my opinion.......

Can the old files be used to replace the overhead, with some editing?

I have allways felt that the relation of how much you see the cockpit/world is off. with russian planes i have moved the pilot back a bit in the cockpit by altering x trans in snapviews. in F-15 it (x trans=starting point for 6dof) cant be moved back more than 0.26 for some reason.. also hud size cant be altered in any planes. give us control over these (all if possible..) settings and everybody could make their cockpit meet their preferences.

What you see on your screen is everything to immersion. people have different size/amount of monitors, also we all have the screen a little bit different distances from our eyes. So more options to set it right for each individual is needed or at least wanted.

kel

Can the old files be used to replace the overhead, with some editing?

No. 2 completely different 3D models using 2 completely different model formats.

I think that the f-15 overhead front cover frame is too wide,it should be like the original in LO1,FC1-2,that frame is very distracting and 5 enemies planes could be behind and no way to see them,that's my opinion.......

Well that is your opinion. And just because it's your opinion doesn't make it right...have you sat in a real F-15 cockpit and seen the thickness of the canopy frame closed first-hand? Just because the old FC1/2 cockpit was a certain way doesn't mean it was accurate, it's just what you were used to flying for 8 years so you accepted it as being correct. :)

Also, the F-15 cockpit in Lock-On/FC1/FC2 was mostly two-dimensional, whereas the one in FC3 is three-dimensional which changes the appearance of the geometry slightly when different field-of-view and zoom settings are used.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "