Issues already and a new guy needs some guidance

waistcat

I played the track and concur that the problem is the Eng Oper switches.

After Your engine start I took control and messed with the settings.

Simpy returning the switches to normal does not fix the problem if you started with them in that position. You have to return them to normal and shut down the engines. After shut down you then can start as usual.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Hello again fella's,

Had to husband things this morning but back now.

Thanks for your input. I had another go this morning at the same start up routine you saw in the track and couldn't even get the APU above 60% before it shut down.

I'll study what you have all said and report back.

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Cracked it.

Thanks for all your assistnce but I just fired up both engines using the Hotas but for some reason the ENG OP & FUEL Flow switch postions on screen did not match the Throttle switch positions after a couple of cycles all is well. But doesn't explain the No Hotas plugged in failures?

But onwards and upwards Thanks again all

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Hello Eihort,

Yep sync box in start up clicked. It all appears to be settled now but thanks for pointing that out. sometimes it the obvious things

Waistcat

Some basic stuff/tips:

With HOTAS, you don't need Target Software. If you use TrackIR, re-map trim hat to trim instead of view functions. Use joystick pinkie paddle as a modifier.

With Saitek pedal toe brakes you have to invert axis.

This is quite a good profile by PhoenixBvo for your new hotas

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/84661/

Has a number of useful curves one for A 2 A refuleing

POV remapped for trim, a zoom and load of other stuff

works well for me. good luck with it :pilotfly:

That looks like a profile for Target software.

Most don't use it in game.

The curves can be set in-game and there are threads on what to use.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

That looks like a profile for Target software.

Most don't use it in game.

The curves can be set in-game and there are threads on what to use.

Aside from the fact that the TM Warthog should be plug and play for the DCS A-10C.

At least as long as there are no additional unnecessary controllers connected.

I would recommend to steer clear from the 'Target' software for the DCS A-10C.

Can be a helpful tool - but not for the A-10.

Yes it is Target software & works a treat

you obvouiously have no idea how to use it !!

For what?

TM Warthog is plug'n'play with the A-10C module.

All buttons are assigned like they should.

No need to run Target.

It's useful for the Ka-50 and the P-51 if you want to assign all switch positions.

As Konrad noted, the game is already set up for the stick.

If you use the default settings it will match the game manual.

As to the comment that "you obvouiously have no idea how to use it !!"

You're right. The majority of Warthog users haven't used target because they don't have to.

If it was needed in another game I'm sure that anyone who can figure out how to use the A-10 sim can also figure out how to use target.

<S>

All button are still assigned to there defaults but with target making a lot more use of your throttle and stick so not having to use keyboard.

And being able to switch between a number of different curves while in flight is very useful, particulary A2A refuleing

So yes it is a helpful tool - and yes for the A-10