Saving Missions

No.

Though in theory, you could record a track then play the track until just before you quit and then take control of the aircraft. But given the frequent errors in tracks, this is not likely to be a viable solution.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No.

Though in theory, you could record a track then play the track until just before you quit and then take control of the aircraft. But given the frequent errors in tracks, this is not likely to be a viable solution.

That's only in Multiplayer. Singleplayer tracks should be fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

That's only in Multiplayer. Singleplayer tracks should be fine.

I guess you haven't messed around with SP tracks very much. ;)

EDIT: Simple short tracks are fine but beyond that there will be issues if there is any complex interaction going on.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes, it works. MP trks record the time you are connecting to the server, ect.. there is a wait before you see anything happen. That said, nothing will happen if you do not unpause the track at the start. But like others have said - track files are screwed up and cannot be trusted for much. For example, if you use lua to control any cockpit controls, your trk will show your plane sitting there and doing nothing.

Edited by JG14_Smil

I know that, but I mean if I like resume a MP .trk into MP that work?? so can I resume a MP trk and continue play with the others guy in MP .trk resumed?? I cant see a .trk when I want to launch a new server.

I think that only will work for SP since you start the process by playing the track and then Escaping and using the take control option.

Interesting.. Thanks for the responses. For me it's more for SP and DCS:CA utilising the ground units

I wonder though, how does it work with campaigns specifically in SP mode if there's no save function?

Fearless

DCS: BS 2, DCS: A10C, DCS: CA, DCS-P51-D, DCS: UH-1H

In campaigns there are certain mission objectives that are defined. When you exit a campaign mission the sim will take into account if the objectives have been met. If enough are met then the campaign will move forward to the next "stage." If not you will either replay a mission on your current stage, might be the same one or it might not, or you get sent backward a stage.

With the scripting engine it is at least possible now to get information on where units are and then save that information elsewhere. So it is certainly within the realm of possibility that a save function is possible. One would have to take this data and essentially create a new mission file from it. However there are certain limitations and hurdles one must overcome to create such a system and its honestly low on my priority of cool stuff to script.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum