mirrors = FPS killers?

silentbob11

Hi, one thing is sure, it will not improve your framerate. I disable it since I find it disturbing and I don't use it in the A10. IIRC it costs me something like 2 or 3 FPS average.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

mirrors = FPS killers?? well My friend

Do you want to talk about FPS killers? Let's talk about the CBU hahaha thats is a FPS killer

problem that ED could not solve

And all this time I thought it was just my PC not being good enough for all the explosions. Glad to know it's not just me.

btw, if anyone is interested, installing an SSD and running DCS from it has greatly reduced my fps lag more than any other part I have installed. I couldn't fly this game on any settings other than low or I would lag. Now I'm maxed out and smooth with the exception of the CBU 87

In all fairness, the CBU is a rather hardware-hungry weapon by nature. Regardless of how much you optimize it theres going to be hundreds of bomblets that suddenly spawn and have to be calculated individually. And I dont see that getting better until DCS decides to use some more CPU cores.

And all this time I thought it was just my PC not being good enough for all the explosions. Glad to know it's not just me.

btw, if anyone is interested, installing an SSD and running DCS from it has greatly reduced my fps lag more than any other part I have installed. I couldn't fly this game on any settings other than low or I would lag. Now I'm maxed out and smooth with the exception of the CBU 87

i am roning the dcs on ssd and still the fps is Far far away from to be good.

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"

I did lots of research on if SSD's give a performance boost, and they shouldn't. They only reduce loading time. It has nothing to do with performance AFAIK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did lots of research on if SSD's give a performance boost, and they shouldn't. They only reduce loading time. It has nothing to do with performance AFAIK

Both yes and no: SSDs will not improve average framerates, but it will improve loading; so when the simulator loads effects for a weapon or assets for a unit that spawns, the SSD will greatly reduce or eliminate a momentary stutter that might otherwise occur.

The less RAM you have, the greater the chances that the SSD will help you there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

are mirrors more CPU or GPU dependent?

SB11

Both.

Mirrors are an additional viewport, meaning that the 3D scene has to be rendered again (just like with TGP etcetera). This is work that happens in both CPU and GPU. Which one is hardest hit depends on how much performance headroom you have in either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 1 month later...

Mirrors in my system kills me from 44 frames to 22 buaaaa, wtf...

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7 / I7 2600k@4.5Ghz / 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz / Aorus 1080TI waterforce extreme / SB XFI Fatality PCI / 3 Sata HD Seagate / 2 samsung evo 850 / Win10 64 Pro / P.S Corsair HX1000W / Full Tower Cooler master ATCS 840 / 3x U2410 Dell@eyefinity 3926x1920 / Oculus Rift.