Original Black Shark (DVD) and Black Shark 2 expansion (DCS World)

I want to buy the BS2 expansion for DCS world but I purchased the original DCS Black Shark prior to DCS World's creation.

First (most important) question is, can I purchase the BS2 expansion using DCS World with my original DVD version of BS?

Secondly, does anyone know if I can import my DCS A-10c and BS into DCS world?

Thanks,

James

Yes to the first.

As to the second, I'm not sure what you mean by import. If you mean controller presets and such the answer is no since you would break to many things.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum! :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ah, that part is simple. Your keys are still valid but you need to download the DCS World modules. The old software you have is not compatible.

BS2 upgrade here

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_black_shark_2_upgrade_english/?

A-10 here.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog_english/?

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you have any other questions, just ask. There is plenty of help around here.

Actually I do have one more question. I just downloaded the P51 module which works great but the BS2 expansion doesn't.

I have the original DVD version installed and patched, then I installed the BS2 DCS world module but when I launch it i cannot 'take control' of the craft. It didnt ask me for my serial like p51 module did so I assume I have to register it somehow. Can you elude to a solution?

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

If you installed the BS2 upgrade module correctly, DCS World recognizes that und will ask you for the serial automatically before the mission including BS2 starts.

If this interrogation doesnt take place, propably the BS2 upgrade module isnt installed or at least not in a way DCS World is noticing it.

The original BS1 must be installed and at least one time started to get the BS1 serial registered. Patching isnt necessary as you wont use this installation any more after getting the serial registered...

Then install the Black Shark 2 1.2.4 Upgrade module to a 1.2.4 installation of DCS World. The Black Shark 2 module wont do the job as you didnt own a serial for that. You need the upgrade module, the upper one at the modules download site linked below.

After installation, start DCS World and begin flying the BS2...

DCS World 1.2.4 http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

1.2.4 Modules http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/

Edited by Rongor

Mr Burns - If you were new to DCS you would just download DCS World for free, then purchase the BS2 Module.

Rongor - Thanks for your input. I will try uninstalling BS1 and reinstalling without patching, I'll then install again the BS2 upgrade module (which I currently have installed), lauch DCS world and hopefully I'll be prompted for the key. I'll let you know how I get on.

Same issue after reinstalling BS1 and then the BS2 upgrade module. I can play the original BS1 no problem. DCS World never asks for the serial.

One odd thing to note was that when I go to training there is only an install button for BS2 missions and when I click it, it takes me to an autoupdater even though I've installed BS2 upgrade module...

Any thoughts anyone?