Skinning Problem

Hey all,

I decided to sit down and make a skin for the SU-25 last night, but I've run into a problem. The left and right airbrakes will switch between the default skin and my creation. It seems to be based on the level of zoom. I imagine it may be drawing information from another dds file somewhere, but if so I can't find it.

I've attached a very short track illustrating the problem.

What's going on here?

Spot the mistake... Unless the custom skins are in our folder we will see the default skin.

Can we have sreamshots please..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Spot the mistake... Unless the custom skins are in our folder we will see the default skin.

Can we have sreamshots please..

lol I can't believe I did that. Anyway, here are two screenshots. You can see the difference one level of zoom makes.

If you think it is based on zoom, how did you safe/export them? did you generate Mipmaps?

I'm not really sure if I did. Process I used was to edit a .psd -> save as 24bit .bmp -> open with DXTBmp and save as .dds.

If that process doesn't accomplish the mipmap, what am I missing? Thanks...I'm brand new to this.

lol I can't believe I did that. Anyway, here are two screenshots. You can see the difference one level of zoom makes.

Flanker is correct it's a bug.

I reported this game bug since 1.2.2 and earlier. Also affects the pylons and the bort number. On this skin the bort number is solid and when you zoom out it defaults to skin #1 along with the air brakes and weapon pylons.

7qVjJR8.png

Speed is life !!!

I'm not really sure if I did. Process I used was to edit a .psd -> save as 24bit .bmp -> open with DXTBmp and save as .dds.

If that process doesn't accomplish the mipmap, what am I missing? Thanks...I'm brand new to this.

there should be an option saying "generate mipmaps", check it and try again.

P.S.: If you say you edit the .psd i assume you got photoshop, there is a photoshop .dds plugin, google it, works fine for me