what a ATI 1800xt & AMD 64x2 4400 can do

bflagg

• ED Team

I see 26 fps in one of those cockpit shots, and i'm like :confused:

Why i'm like that? Well, i can play with same settings except water is set to high, as well as scenes, medium visibility, and i get higher fps with my asus extreme 7800gtx. I thought the x1800 was faster in lomac than the nvidia bunch. Oh well :rolleyes:

no.. don't pay attention to that.. it's a timing thing with the lockon benchmark.

In a fraction of a second it is "-1700fps" ... "100fps"..."-5fps"..."1200fps"...etc..etc..

With fraps it's exactly as I stated.... (and my monitor is currently set at 70fps)

I should've done it with fraps.. but didn't care after I hit "print screen".

I know you all know that I'm not one to BS.....y'know?

Thanks,

Brett

See these screenies...while on the s77th tonight...

It's such a dramatic difference as compared to my AIW9800 pro.

Everything set to HIGH.. but water(medium)

4xAA with 8xAF (of course adaptive AA enabled etc...)

Avg FPS 60-70. Lowest I've seen is 35.

They're large (1280x1024)

ScreenShot1

ScreenShot2

ScreenShot3

ScreenShot4

The best resolution are 1600X1200 for the ATI X1800XT! ;)

ScreenShot_000.jpg

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

To be honest, i never noticed any difference in picture quality over my 6800gt to my sli 78s, i did notice fps increase, but not as much as i would of expected.

I would expect you to get 70ish in the pit with that rig, as i can, and we have similar specs. but i got mine capped at 75 cuz of vsync, but with me its not a stable 75. sometimes its 75 or higher if vsync is off, and some times its like 20fps. all depends on what is happening and what you are looking at.

I have everything apart from water maxed, water is at high, mirrors are off, and if externals are turned off, i turn off heat blur, but if externals are on heat blur is on to, so i can take cool screenies. And have AA at 8s and AF at 16. I have tried sli aa which is 16xAA but i never noticed the difference, so i just leave it set for 8s and 16.

but xmas time = big ass present from santa of 2 boxes of nvidias finest :D

To be honest, i never noticed any difference in picture quality over my 6800gt to my sli 78s, i did notice fps increase, but not as much as i would of expected.

I would expect you to get 70ish in the pit with that rig, as i can, and we have similar specs. but i got mine capped at 75 cuz of vsync, but with me its not a stable 75. sometimes its 75 or higher if vsync is off, and some times its like 20fps. all depends on what is happening and what you are looking at.

I have everything apart from water maxed, water is at high, mirrors are off, and if externals are turned off, i turn off heat blur, but if externals are on heat blur is on to, so i can take cool screenies. And have AA at 8s and AF at 16. I have tried sli aa which is 16xAA but i never noticed the difference, so i just leave it set for 8s and 16.

Oh.......no, with your system heat blur effekts set to OFF?

Can I not understand this. :D

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Dayum Evil, dual GTX 512's? I guess you're not doing this for Lomac then huh? :p lol Hey I've just switched over to the Nvidia camp as well...waiting for my 7800GT to come via UPS. :cool:

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

BFlagg,

Take you a trip over to Krasnodar Center and fly around the city...you will see what lock-on can do to a high-spec machine in a flash :p

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

BFlagg,

Take you a trip over to Krasnodar Center and fly around the city...you will see what lock-on can do to a high-spec machine in a flash :p

Is this with LOD set to high or normal settings?

btw where in the heck is krasnodar? Is it anywhere near philly?

Thanks,

Brett

Is this with LOD set to high or normal settings?

btw where in the heck is krasnodar? Is it anywhere near philly?

It's in a very strange land far, far away. Jersey, I think...

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

I stay teh fux away from krasnodar when i got everything turned up high, especially down low in the 25t. its just a killer, but it is possible to fly, but just not great. krasnodar as monnie says is the killer, avoid it at your peril.

if there was someway that we could dump the load onto the vid cards then that would make a massive difference i think.

BFlagg,

Ok I did that With LOD to max and standard..

(using Fraps)

Max LOD:

low 10fps

Max 45

avg 27

regular LOD Settings

low 20

max 55

avg 30

But I gotta admit this is confusing... I did this with the AI doing the track

that criss cross the city.

I'll post what it is when I fly it next....

Thanks,

Brett

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

bflagg, jump into the 25t, and u fly across krasnodar with the game totally and utterly maxed, water to max etc.

turn on the tv in the 25t and tell us what the ingame fps meter says.

Gentlemen,

Not saying anything negative here about hardware, just the facts about the software.

Believe me, I rather the object detail be present around Krasnodar than not have the option to view such a great site. Just we are not there yet with current processors for low level a/g combat in that environment.

I made a few missions for a precision strike on AAA and SAM sites placed in the streets of Krasnodar. Tough on the system to say the least.

I can not wait to fly my Ka-50 through the city, down each street at 5km/hr to look around.

If you really want to see something neat, load up Modman and make a new visibility setting with all the sliders to the right. Then take a cruise around Krasnodar. More objects than you imagined. It's cool !!!

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

I set all the objects to high... yes very cool... but fps suffered.

but that annoying pop in of some building still exists.....

(isn't there a way to put that back to fade in?)

I just read your sig.. does your sata wd drive show up as a usb also? Is DMA enabled?

I have the straight A8N-E and my sata appears as a usb drive and even tho bios is set to DMA enabled

some software that I have say's DMA doesn't exist for the drive.... (using nforce4 AMD chipset driver 6.7)

(yet I didn't have this problem with my Asus P4P800-E mb.)

Thanks,

Brett

I have my HDD's in raid mode 0 so the raid controller takes over. Not sure about what is going on with yours saying it is a USB drive. I am also using nforce4 6.70

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

I think he means that it has the safely remove hardware icon beside his clock, i get that with my sata drives since they are hot pluggable.

but they sure aint usb