SLmod or servman working on 1.2.4?

I just got Servman working on the TOG server.

Just added the following at the bottom of the main.lua which i copy pasted from the 1.2.3 main.lua that BRooDJeRo posted in another thread

function loadaddon(filename, newenv)

local addn = string.upper(string.gsub(filename, "/[%w_.-]*", ": "))

net.log(addn.."Check to see if Addon is Available: "..filename)

local chunk, err1 = loadfile("Scripts/Addons/"..filename) -- loads and compiles the chunk

if chunk then

net.log(addn.."Addon loaded: "..filename)

if newenv then

net.log(addn.."Setting Addon Environment")

setfenv(chunk, newenv)

end

net.log(addn.."Checking the Addon in a protected environment")

local chunkref, err2 = assert(pcall(chunk))

if not err2 then

return chunkref, nil

else

net.log(addn.."Protected call failed with error: "..tostring(err2))

return nil, nil

end

else

err1 = "ADDON SKIPPED: Couldn't be loaded: "..tostring(err1)

net.log(addn..err1)

return nil, err1

end

end

scriptenv = {}

mainserverenv = getfenv(0)

merge(scriptenv, mainserverenv)

local addonref = loadaddon("ServMan3/servman_server.lua",scriptenv)

mainserverenv = nil

scriptenv.mainserverenv = nil

everything else as per normal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No problem here with Slmod on the Hollo Pointe server.

For v124 I uninstalled v123 and did the Full install using the d/l files not the update. Then I installed Slmod per the original install instructions - I did not copy the old folder back.

Since all the settings are under my Saved Games folder, after v124 and Slmod were installed, everything worked.

I did notice one thing - I joined my server from a separate machine as a Client and the first time that Client typed in '-admin' nothing happened. I tried '-admin' again and then received the proper response.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

A post from speed updating on the state of slmod with 1.2.4

HERE

Not yet (running slmod v6.2).

I am not able to make the game unpaused as soon as a player is getting on a slot...any advices?

The new download comes with renewed instructions that may allow you to simply repair your version and reinstall slmod.

I was able to just copy my bantables / serveradmin files over to the new folder... redo the config file and move mission folder over to a new SLMOD folder (renamed the old folder slmod1 to allow slmod to rebuild its folder from scratch- then just slid the other files over.

Depending on the version differences, you may want to just copy over your original bantables / serveradmin file contents instead of just sliding the files over... I suspect the format hasn't changed- but who knows. I had a bit of an issue with my bantables files but I think it was a format error from one of my entries. Anyway, it's an option if needed.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...