Huey so so performance heavy

Valinor

I went in the mission editor to make some shooting from an AA at a formation of 4 Hueys, and then at a formation of 4 ka-50.

Same settings, same camera view, same point of view, same everything, what changed however is the fps.

With the formation of the Hueys i got 25 fps. With the formation of the Ka-50s i got over 100 fps.

That seems a little too much :(

Did you try doing the same? Are you suffering as well?

Edited by Valinor

My FPS are almost the same as flying with Kamov. It is more resource-demanding that I thought that it will be. Before the release I expected better FPS, something around the Pony has. :huh:

Probably it is caused by complex math behind the rotor physics. And IMHO there is still some room and time to tune it a little.

What systems do you guys have?

Overall I get great performance in all DCS aircraft in 1.2.4. The Huey is on the same level as the Kamov for me. Lights tank a little (up to 10fps less than normal) but that's about it. Performance in the A-10C is about the same but in low level flight it has a lot improved for me since 1.2.3

30-50fps (with lights around 30-35, without 40-50) at low level in the Huey, ~60 at altitude no matter what (except maybe CBUs, I didn't try them yet).

Smoke and fire has less impact than lights now.

No benchmarks, just what I noticed flying around in MP in the last days. Host & Client.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2