Mission editor and date

Guest IguanaKing
How does this work?

And why does the game crash if I try to start a mission on day 224 :confused:

And why is this the darkest it gets?

No clue about the first question. As for the second question: because of no NVGs maybe? ;) You couldn't fly NOE in real-world, moonless darkness without NVGs in attack platforms which were the first to be certified to use them (eh-hem...A-10)...well, without crashing anyway. ;)

Lack of clouds?

When it's really pitch black at night, it's not just a lack of the moon - it's the overcast and cloud layers that we either don't get in Lomac or that you have to put in manually.

Wonder how bright starlight can make it on a moonless night without overcast?

The lockon editor is a 1 month cycle, this is because it models different moon states as well as 4 seasons and changes to sunrise and sunset. The moon also rises and sets at different times and like mentioned above is in different states 1/4, 1/2, full, New etc. How hard core is that;)

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

from the 1.11_readme.rtf:

• Fixed the calculating of the sun’s position that brought wrong time of day after 3 or more months. In long campaigns after half of year the sun was rise at the night and down at daytime.

if your Screenshot is really from 1.11 it looks like it's not been fully fixed...

But another question...

I am to lazy and busy (No it doesn't cancel each other out :) ) to figure out the Lockon Timestamp used in lua export... can anyone give me a formula or something so I can display mission time in the ATC Admin Panel...

thx in advance

Zillion

Guest IguanaKing
Eh... I don't think it's dark enough, the sky is pitch black but the ground isn't :icon_conf

I agree...what I meant was that the lighting of the terrain is probably artificially enhanced in the game to compensate for a lack of NVGs.

disregard my posting above...

On your screenie it's 2 at night and dark, so that's fine... Except for the runway lights...

And the lua export is simply seconds since start of export... it's 0 in the beginning of each mission, so i guess there won't be any way to calculate the actual mission time only the time since mission start :|