I'm rooting for the success of dcs , become a major producer

Voodoo-chacal

No "massive producer", please. All good companies (including game companies, if you want to consider Eagle one) that decide to become big end up pumping out garbage and marketing it as if it were as good as the stuff they started out making.

Let the third party developers create gobs of mediocre aircraft modules.

Having said that, I do hope that Eagle is able to make an Apache Longbow module.. : )

one thing i do not understand is.. where is Chinese market in all this..

There is no chinese language support, or chinese markings on some Su-27 and some involvement in the DCS world.. Is this really wise to disregard a 1.3 billion people market just like that... ?

if there is one mistake ED is making is not including the chinese market in this.. not only that, they can easily partner with some of their software giants to get money, and good programmers who will do wonders and that would mean more $$ for advertisement and more modules, maps etc..

ED will have to grow or die.. in this business as in any other you either grow fast or you slowly die.. And ED is too good and professional to be out manoeuvred by the likes like Arma and BF and CoD products..

• Like 1

one thing i do not understand is.. where is Chinese market in all this..

There is no chinese language support, or chinese markings on some Su-27 and some involvement in the DCS world.. Is this really wise to disregard a 1.3 billion people market just like that... ?

if there is one mistake ED is making is not including the chinese market in this.. not only that, they can easily partner with some of their software giants to get money, and good programmers who will do wonders and that would mean more $$ for advertisement and more modules, maps etc..

ED will have to grow or die.. in this business as in any other you either grow fast or you slowly die.. And ED is too good and professional to be out manoeuvred by the likes like Arma and BF and CoD products..

this is another interesting subject of the DCS should pay more attention,DCS must have more language options : chines , portugues...

Brazil is also the superconsumer, games and simulators

Brazilian population reaches 194 million

countries that speak Portuguese

* 1 - Portugal

* 2 - Cape Verde

* 3 - Guinea-Bissau

* 4 - Sao Tome and Principe

* 5 - Mozambique

* 6 - Angola

* 7 - Brazil

* 8 - East Timor

Edited by Voodoo-chacal

Nah, DCS is fine as it is. We don't need modules for the masses. We don't need the masses to come on the servers. We need serious players and realistic modules. Just like it is now.

ED could try to do some advertising though, to draw more and serious players.

This post shows how much you're wrong

see the amount of comments after this news to be released at the forum

all fans of the beautiful work of DCS are happy with the news

7 May 2013 Update

I will be out of town this Friday. So this, combined with a post of the Russian forums, has led me to release this week's update a bit early.

This week we released an update to version 1.2.4 that included several changes that were planned for the initial 1.2.4 release but did not make it in time. With that out of the way, the team is working hard on version 1.2.5 that will further address remaining bugs in DCS World and its modules. As always, we'll be throwing in some new features as well. When we get close to finalizing 1.2.5, I'll post the preliminary change log to give you a heads up.

In addition to the never-ending quest for DCS perfection (yes, we have dreams too), we are working on releasing the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker for DCS World later this year. As I have mentioned in the past, DCS is not confined to one time period, one location or one level of detail. While DCS modules have focused on a very high level of detail, we also realize that there are many (often silent) users that wish for a shallower learning curve. In fact, the Lock On / Flaming Cliffs series has been our most successful. As such, the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker will be catered to them. Both of these aircraft will have the same detailed 3D models, cockpits and sounds of the Flaming Cliffs 3 versions, but we will be adding an Advanced Flight Model (AFM) for each.

We also want to release these aircraft in such a manner to allow users that are not interested in Flaming Cliffs 3, or do not have a Lock On installation, to still have these aircraft in their DCS World stable of aircraft, but at a greatly reduced price.

This is not to say that we will not also continue to create very high level of detail simulations. At a later point, we will further develop these aircraft to include mouse clickable cockpit and the same level of detail as the DCS: A-10C Warthog, but that is a massive effort that will take time.

In the meantime, the F/A-18C Hornet is still planned but we want it to be at the same level as our A-10C. Because of this, development will take much longer compared to the Eagle and Flanker projects to be released this year.

THANK DCS : Thumbup:: Thumbup:: Thumbup:: Thumbup: : Smilewink: : Smilewink: : Smilewink:

Edited by Voodoo-chacal

• 2 weeks later...

good news

On the new product front, a lot of effort is now being devoted to the advanced flight models for the F-15C and the Su-27. In parallel, BST is working to finalize the UH-1H and they are already working on their Mi-8.

As for our F/A-18C Hornet, the new external model can already be seen in DCS World and work on the cockpit has been ongoing for quite a awhile. Once the last of the FC3 avionics bugs have been squashed, much of our avionics programming staff will move on to the Hornet.

This thread is hilarious. The more chefs you add, the worse the soup.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

EDIT: Never mind. I was replying to the first page posts, and didnt realize there were 3 other pages. x)

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"