Looking for 3 button USB controller?

Perhaps this thread is poorly titled..

I'm looking to find a 3 buttoned USB corded switch. The buttons need to be momentary buttons, not toggles and it needs to be small so I can mount it so I don't have to stretch to touch it. (perhaps velcro to my throttle stand) I'd like to map the buttons as TrackIR view center, precision mode and TrackIR pause.

Does anyone know of anything like this? Thanks. :joystick:

-Damien

this will probably not do you any good, as far as I remember the tracker software does only accept keys as

command inputs. the program joy2key might help there. as for the USB button device, maybe you can hack

a cheap gamepad. I've hacked a few myself to build my custom arcade boards for vs fighters on consoles.

You can assign joystick buttons as inputs. I've used the TM Warthog hotas slew pushbutton before but didn't like it because I kept resetting my view. I've also used my Saitek x65F buttons as well. Currently my mouse button 3 is the recenter command, but I want to get away from that so I don't have to stretch to reach the button with the stick in my lap.

-Damien

OK, nice to know it works also with buttons. but I still think the hacked pad solution is worth a try,

it's just soldering some wires on the pad's PCB and putting some micro switches on the other end.

the micro switches you can attach anywhere you want. you could also make a sort of a stand for the

pad itself and place it in front of your throttle like the force adjust buttons of the x65f throttle.

Perhaps this thread is poorly titled..

I'm looking to find a 3 buttoned USB corded switch. The buttons need to be momentary buttons, not toggles and it needs to be small so I can mount it so I don't have to stretch to touch it. (perhaps velcro to my throttle stand) I'd like to map the buttons as TrackIR view center, precision mode and TrackIR pause.

Does anyone know of anything like this? Thanks. :joystick:

-Damien

How about a small (laptop sized) 3 button mouse?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

it's actually what I currently use. Still too big.. just looking for something small, perhaps the size of a tic tac box.

-Damien

Well, I guess you could order a custom cut X-Keys bar:

http://www.piengineering.com/xkeys/xkstick.php

That's a pretty expensive solution, and probably still larger than you want. I'd either hack a mouse, gamepad, or cheap joystick before doing that for merely 3 buttons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1