Assistance with Helios Needed

Warhog

Hi Guys

Need a little help with Helios again.

When building my panels I alocated room for a toggle switch to control my night visions goggles. I also put in a pot to control the gain but to my surprise there doesn't appear to be a control in Helios that allows you to use a pot for gain. Its a push button situation. See top left panel on pic below.

8667260864_923c0a14d1_c.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Question: Is there still a way to use a pot to increase/decrease gain on the NVG's without having to revert to push button switches?

Second question is related to flaps control or more specifically flap position. I will put in a gauge at some point in time but for the present I would like to use a series of LEDS to indicate what position the flaps are in. And since I have bought another Phidgets 64 board I have an abundance of LED's I could use to do this. Is there any way to make Helios set an LED to on when the flaps are at up, at 7 degrees down or all the way down?

One final question... I always have to reset my switches at the beginning of of a cold start so that everything is off before the A-10 completely loads up and is ready to start. I'm not sure how I would handle starting a mission if its an in air beginning of mission or a runway start. Because of this, would it be better to allow Helios complete control over all my switches. Right now they are pre-programmed on the I/O board I use and then I use the options page in DCS to assign the button numbers and key assignments from the I/O board.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Yes I realise that. In fact I have 7 POTS for Lighting and volume control already wired and working.

The problem is there is no binding that I can find in Helios that lets me use a POT with NVG to adjust the GAIN. It requires a push button to both increase and decrease gain.

I'm hoping I either missed something or someone has a work around to make this happen. Or else it just can't be done with a POT.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

Thanks X-ray Specs. I Was quite pleased myself with how it turned out. I just have have a CDU to build and I'm done. :)

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall