General Clarification

Ok, I have been thumbing through DCS stuff all over for the past few days and I am readdy to pull the trigger but I'm still a little confused as to what, exactly, I need to buy. I want A-10C, Flaming Cliffs 3 and Combined Arms for starters. Questions:

1. I've read I need Lock On Modern Air Combat to use Flaming Cliffs 3 (OR a previous version of Flaming Cliffs). It seems people are having trouble running Modern Air Combat on Windows 7, which I have (64-bit), and it is not as easy to find as say, Flaming Cliffs 2. Could I just buy Flaming Cliffs 2 to allow me to use Flaming Cliffs 3 with DCS World?

2. What is the difference between the A-10C and the A-10A of Flaming Cliffs 3? I guess, why would I ever fly the A-10A, or would it just basically sit there and take up space since I would have the A-10C?

3. From the DCS Producs page, each produc has a download and a buy now option. I assume, and hope, that in order for the thing to work, one has to actually buy the module, but then what is the download?

It seems there are a few stand-alone games here that we're trying to weave into one arena with DCS world and I am completely sold on the idea, I just can't put my finger on exactly how to do the weaving and I am coming up short reading other forum topics and reviews and watching videos etc.

Thanks in advance for a little help,

~Josh

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

a- You will need Lomac to install FC2 anyway.

b- you don't need to run Lomac in order to install FC3. Just install Lomac > Install FC3 > delete lomac to save space

2. The difference is

a- The A-10A is from LO/FC

b- The A10C is a full DCS product with interactive cockpit unlike the A-10A from Lo/FC

3. You can download before you buy to save tim by logging into your account everytime.

EDIT:

If you just want to fly the F-15C or Cy-27 wait for the stand alone* version with AFM**

*from what I gather will be but don't quote me on that. But not with a interactive Cockpit.

** Advance Flight model

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thanks

Excellent, thanks so much for your reply. So I can actually just delete lomac after I install both it and FC3 and FC3 will still run properly?

One more thought, if I buy the Steam versoin of A-10C, will it still allow me to run all the modules, including FC3 in DCS World and essentially play just like the non-steam version, or to your knowledge are there significant limitations or reasons to avoid Steam for this?

~Josh

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf