Aqua G Limit?

Gonz

Some times when I do a sharp turn or just for taking off a alarm goes off in the Su-25T that says Aqua G Limit. Its on the left hand side.

Thanks

Basically it means you shouldn't be turning so hard. In layman's terms, the angle of attack is the angle between the direction the aircraft is pointed and the direction of travel.

If this angle gets too high, you will be in danger of stalling, losing lift, and falling out of the sky. That's why you have a little alarm to tell you to go easy on your controls.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Basically it means you shouldn't be turning so hard. In layman's terms, the angle of attack is the angle between the direction the aircraft is pointed and the direction of travel.

If this angle gets too high, you will be in danger of stalling, losing lift, and falling out of the sky. That's why you have a little alarm to tell you to go easy on your controls.

Thanks! I thought it might have something to do with turning to sharp and it got so weird sometimes I decided to post it. Sometimes I would just be flying and it would come on and then all of a sudden I would barrel roll to the ground. And about my post, sorry I could have put more effort into it.

When you're 'just flying' are you per chance going quite slowly, and keeping the nose up by brute force? If so, you probably just stalled. You should avoid holding the nose level by force, that never works :)

The AoA warning indicator is also known as the stall warning. A plane can stall at any speed (not just low ones), and happens when the wing's angle of attack gets too high. This can happen by excessive maneuvering, or by simply going too slow.

When you go slow, the effective wind direction is towards the ground (since you aren't generating enough lift), and so even with the nose on the horizon the wings can have excessive angle of attack, resulting in a stall (and the warning).

When this happens, it will usually be accompanied by a loss of control authority (the controls go soft and don't respond), shuddering, and typically the nose will pitch down.

Don't fly so hard :)

Eh? He asks for info om what it is and you tell him that he will learn what it is if he reads about it?

Do you want me to hop into cocpit instead of him?

I told him because he didn't knew that his angle of attack is the problem besides G.

I've told him what to search for and what is causing him problems.

Me and anyone else would need to sit and write 1000+ lines of text here to explain G Forces, Angle of Attack, basic flight physics, and energy management - which is all that he needs to read, explore and get to understand - regarding his question. And still - he will find better explanations online - if he tries.

Helping a person when he asks a complex question is giving him where to look for knowledge. If it would be given to him easily and with no effort, he'd learn nothing.

When I was starting to fly ED products, nobody sat and gave me long lessons about basic stuff, likewise - it goes for most of us. They gave me few links and keywords, and when I started to read and learn - those people would help me to understand better what I've learned.

ED Provides a complex and very good manual with their products.

One of biggest humanity's problems it that it wants everything served on a plate, with no effort made to get it.

His way of asking and the way most people will answer him will make him think:

"Oh, ok, no sharp turns. That is it. I have the knowledge." thus - he will never try to learn myriad of other things thinking he has what it takes to fly. And he will get pounded and pounded.

Edited by Hotarubi
  • Like 3

Yeah, fire up the negative ratings just because I believe it's not needed to explain something that IS in the manual. And for your record, Sir, he was talking about G forces, without understanding that angle of attack is over limit.

I gave the guy two terms he should learn and search about and you give me a negative rating?! What would this place look like if everybody came to ask basic questions THAT ARE IN the manual?

OK, let's take it like this:

ADMINS Please make a thread for rookies that are too lazy to read the manual AND search the forum so that people can waste time in explaining them what are the basic things - that someone spent probably over 100 hours to put in a fair and quality manual.

It's not about his problem, neither your negative rating, it's about people that treat this sim as it is arcade and want to be good at it without lifting a finger.

• Like 1