F-15 cockpit bug

THRASH99

I've been playing FC3 for a little while, but now since the latest update patch I've been having a problem with the HUD in front of my pilot, it is insanely zoomed in and I can't see my BVR screen or my gun reticle. What I'm being told is that there's no zoom key for it, I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like in my F-15's cockpit right now. I don't know if it actually is me or if it is somehow a texture bug followed from the update. And this is ONLY happening in the F-15, every other jet works properly.

THRASH99

280420_437735959666930_387804869_o.jpg

Edited by THRASH99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While in cockpit press Right Ctrl and Right Shift then play (while keeping them pressed) with numpad * and numpad / to zoom in and out. Also with Numpad 8 and 2 to raise your view or lower it (Rctrl+RShift still pressed).

After you are satisfied you can press Right Alt and Numpad 0 to save your default view in that position.

But for that saving to work you have to have "enabled" snap view saving in "view.lua" file from DCS Folder/Config/View. Otherwise you wil have to do the tweaking each time you start your game in that plane. Edit that file as any lua ONLY with numpad++. If you had installed a mod for this chances are you can save the snapviews.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I had the same problem but it was because of incompatible mod I have installed. Do you have any mods?

I have some installed: Su-25T high res cockpit mod w/ pilot res, smoother tank dust mod, water mod, sun mod, pilot in cockpit for the mustang, some high spec mod, and an afterburner mod.

Edited by THRASH99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While in cockpit press Right Ctrl and Right Shift then play (while keeping them pressed) with numpad * and numpad / to zoom in and out. Also with Numpad 8 and 2 to raise your view or lower it (Rctrl+RShift still pressed).

After you are satisfied you can press Right Alt and Numpad 0 to save your default view in that position.

But for that saving to work you have to have "enabled" snap view saving in "view.lua" file from DCS Folder/Config/View. Otherwise you wil have to do the tweaking each time you start your game in that plane. Edit that file as any lua ONLY with numpad++. If you had installed a mod for this chances are you can save the snapviews.

nothing happened when I held both Rctrl and Rshift while using the zoom keys

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have some installed: Su-25T high res cockpit mod w/ pilot res, smoother tank dust mod, water mod, sun mod, pilot in cockpit for the mustang, some high spec mod, and an afterburner mod.

I had issues with ground camera restriction mod, don't you have that one? Problem file was server.lua in \Config\View\, maybe one of them mods is altering this file as well? Otherwise, I would suggest reinstalling your sim and then applying mods one by one while checking if this issue come up in between mods installation. Texture-only mods like that afterburner can't affect your view obviously, but dunno about those cockpit mods. If nobody comes with any other solution, my bet is really on incompatible mod...

I had issues with ground camera restriction mod, don't you have that one? Problem file was server.lua in \Config\View\, maybe one of them mods is altering this file as well? Otherwise, I would suggest reinstalling your sim and then applying mods one by one while checking if this issue come up in between mods installation. Texture-only mods like that afterburner can't affect your view obviously, but dunno about those cockpit mods. If nobody comes with any other solution, my bet is really on incompatible mod...

Ok, I'll give it a try, the 1.2.5 update is supposed to be coming out sometime this month so I'll see if that fixes it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i had a problem like that on all aircraft it was the mission i was playing was made before a certain patch and wasnt remade for the new patch causing that exact glitch, also doing a repair could never hurt