AI taking over client aircraft

BRooDJeRo

Hey guys,

I have a problem where the AI takes over the aircraft when you switch to another 'client' aircraft.

Lets say when you have 1-8 client aircraft set up on an airfield and load up in one, however you need to switch to another, the previous aircraft doesn't disappear, but starts doing the set up flight plan route to what is set up. When you get into each one of them they all start doing their round of waypoints.

This feature might have something to do with the ability to control aircraft within CA or maybe something else. I don't know.

My question is: Is there a dedicated option somewhere hidden to turn this off?

I have in mind to use the 'AI off' option, however haven't tested it yet while typing this post. Any suggestions?

EDIT: It seems you can only turn off group or unit AI's off for ground vehicles and ships. The AI doesn't seem to take over former client aircraft on the currently running MP servers so i'm testing to see what happens when running the mission on a server instead of local. --> It only seems to happen when running a mission as local or inside the mission editor, the client aircraft aren't taken over by AI and disappear as usual when the mission is run as a server.

Thx

Edited by BRooDJeRo

I had this issue too and got no response. Specifically I only have world on my mission editor machine and all client aircraft I put in automatically drop into AI mode- as you describe when on my own, having clicked "FLY."

In my case it doesn't really affect anything as much as that I wanted confirmation that's what it is supposed to do.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I could only reproduce this in single player.

It is hard to say if its a bug or a feature for single player. It could be a feature so that players can jump around aircraft within the mission without having to completely restart, but it looks like the AI that take over instantly RTB anyways, so I don't know. It is reported.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yes, that's correct Grimes.

To be honest, after a bottle of good wine at a bonfire and a good night of sleep, i decided it's not a problem, but a feature.

This opens a variety of new fun possibility's in single player missions where you can switch around in all sorts of vehicles without having to start up again and have even more mission functionality.

I guess i'll have to work around my old ways of testing triggers and zones. :D

• 1 month later...

MaverickF22lse happens also, after the client switches to another plane and the previous one turns to AI (playing on a server) and it is that the now AI plane still holds some information from the player who initially selected it, because if someone shoots down that AI plane, the server will tell that the player (who selected it) was shot down, or if that player leaves the game..., then also the AI plane disappears instantly (tested today)! So if the AI planes become depended on their initiators..., they could also make some score for their fathers(players)!:lol:

Edited by MaverickF22

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!