User flags ?????

Red.01

Hi all,

Forgive me for being stupid but I don't understand user flags.

I am trying to use geloxo's great script for my mission,The only thing I'm getting stuck on is this line.

CountLogistics("triggerName",flagLog) Where: "triggerName" = name of trigger to supervise flagLog = userflag to count the number of logistic items inside trigger Example: CountLogistics("trigger1",300) this will count the items inside "trigger1" and store the values in the flag 300 (which can be accessed by mission)

What is flag 300????

Thanks in advance

Red

There is no difference between "user flags" and "flags", the game uses both terms interchangeably, but both mean the same thing.

Flags are a variable that is accessible to the scripting engine and the mission editor. Flags are indexed numerically and store a numerical value. However flags can also be interpreted as true/false. Wherein any number greater than 0 is considered 'true', while 0 itself is 'false'.

Within the mission editor you use flags with triggers to store values. These values can be checked by triggers to cause events in the mission to occur. For example if I wanted a group to activate 60 seconds after another group has been killed I could use two triggers:

Once> Group is Dead> Set Flag 30 to True

Once> Time Since Flag 30 is 60 seconds> Group Activate 'Group 2'

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 6 years later...

Within the mission editor you use flags with triggers to store values. These values can be checked by triggers to cause events in the mission to occur. For example if I wanted a group to activate 60 seconds after another group has been killed I could use two triggers:

Once> Group is Dead> Set Flag 30 to True

Once> Time Since Flag 30 is 60 seconds> Group Activate 'Group 2'

Can you, or anyone, please give an example on how would you put this in a script? both using MIST and Moose (if different)?

Thank you!!