What type of aircraft are you most interested in?

Rammit

What type of aircraft are you most interested in?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What type of aircraft are you most interested in?

• Attack Fixed Wing
    • Attack Rotary Wing
    • Strike Fixed Wing
    • Bomber Fixed Wing
    • Cargo Fixed Wing
    • Utility Rotary Wing
    • Interceptor Fixed Wing
    • Fighter Fixed Wing
    • Carrier Born Fighter Fixed Wing
    • Carrier Born Attack Fixed Wing

there is also F/A-18E from Coretex in case ED is sleeping too long with the legacy Hornet project.

If they are it will be to their significant detriment. If we assume CD release first and that theirs is an acceptable and reliable model and ED release their legacy Hornet some months later I ask the following: Who will 'downgrade' from F/A18e to F/A18c?

I suspect the answer will be 'very few'. This will cost ED money and wasted time just because they made decisions that led to the F/A18c being delayed and therefore released after the CD product. I can see people 'upgrading' from C to E. I really cant see many going from E to C.

I therefore hope ED are not sleeping with their Hornet - it would be a grave mistake.

-Sharpe

Edited by Sharpe_95

If they are it will be to their significant detriment. If we assume CD release first and that theirs is an acceptable and reliable model and ED release their legacy Hornet some months later I ask the following: Who will 'downgrade' from F/A18e to F/A18c?

I suspect the answer will be 'very few'. This will cost ED money and wasted time just because they made decisions that led to the F/A18c being delayed and therefore released after the CD product. I can see people 'upgrading' from C to E. I really cant see many going from E to C.

I therefore hope ED are not sleeping with their Hornet - it would be a grave mistake.

-Sharpe

I don't see why you wouldn't downgrade. I would without hesitation, and as much as I want the F-15C, the F-15A would be an instant buy as well. The people who won't buy an earlier model would be more causal players I think, but then again they might also just buy the C because they think it looks better or they just won't know about the E. Flight sim fans probably won't mind too much and would appreciate the differences.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I actually prefer Wild Weasel/Iron Hand missions but being that it was not an option I picked Strike. Strike can be performed by dedicated aircraft like the F-105D Thunderchief, F-111D/E/F, Tornado IDS or the B-1B Lancer or by multirole types such as the F-4E Phantom II, Mirage F-1CT, or F-14A/B/D Tomcats. There is a lot of overlap of roles since the first gulf war in 1991. These are some of my favorite types as well but I would also like to fly CSAR Helo's, Attack Helo's, Transports, Attack aircraft, Reconnissance Aircraft and Bombers as well.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

-Sharpe

I asked the same question myself and almost created a thread for it, I'd buy both even if the E came first but maybe I'd judge how much will they cost first also how is the quality of the E version first.

however if we assume they are of similar quality then in the longer time I think I'd stick to the E version when flying

The AH-1Z would be really cool. More speed, maneuverability, wider variety of weapons, and arguably better technology than the Apache, plus it's carrier based, and could do all sorts of missions. If there was a module for DCS and every god damned button, switch and lever was able-to-be-pushed, pulled and jerked, I'd buy that sh*t in a heartbeat! I'm sure that a lot of people would be interested in the AH-1Z, hell, I sure am...