Cannot get into cockpit with F1 key???

tacannav

My Blackshark 2 will not allow me to get into the cockpit when I press the F1 key in DCS, A-10C allows cockpit access and works fine, I also tried shift and alt 1 and it did not work either, anyone know anything about a problem like this? I also tried deleting and reentering the F1 key to no avail.

My Blackshark 2 will not allow me to get into the cockpit when I press the F1 key in DCS, A-10C allows cockpit access and works fine, I also tried shift and alt 1 and it did not work either, anyone know anything about a problem like this? I also tried deleting and reentering the F1 key to no avail.

Is the Blackshark module activated (--> module manager)?

In what mission do you have that problem? Possibly one created by yourself (i.e. have you set the skill level to "Player" or "Client" in the mission editor)?

The BS2 module is in the module manager and the game loads just fine, just will not allow me access to the cockpit using the F1 key.......I checked the misson editor and could not find where the skill level can be set, where exactly would that feature be found?

The BS2 module is in the module manager and the game loads just fine, just will not allow me access to the cockpit using the F1 key.......I checked the misson editor and could not find where the skill level can be set, where exactly would that feature be found?

The setting of the skill level is only relevant here now if you created your mission by yourself - as you just might have forgotten to set it.

IF that is the case, in the mission editor, click on the icon of your helo to get to it's attributes. Then it is the 7th line on the right hand side of the screen.

If you were using a stock mission or any mission you downloaded from here instead, we can assume that the setting of the skill level is correct and that you are experiencing some other issue.

... which could be the keyboard mapping. Is your F1 key mapped correctly? The mapping is module/aircraft specific and therefore it could well be, that it works for the A-10C but not for the BS. Go to the Options screen and there to the Controls tab. Select layer "Ka-50 Sim" and the "View" category. Is the F1 key mapped to "F1 Cockpit View"? Do the check for layer "Ka-50 Game" as well - just to cover it all.

I checked the F1 key and it is in sim mode, I can get into the sim, only thing is I am outside the helo, and it ignores me as if I dont exist, it just kinda takes off and begins to fly the misson by A.I. pilot, and I am left to watch from the outside, I think it may be the activation because it is saying invalid serial number but yet I can fly the A-10C as normal.

I checked the F1 key and it is in sim mode, I can get into the sim, only thing is I am outside the helo, and it ignores me as if I dont exist, it just kinda takes off and begins to fly the misson by A.I. pilot, and I am left to watch from the outside, I think it may be the activation because it is saying invalid serial number but yet I can fly the A-10C as normal.

Well, that is the problem then. Every module needs it's own correct serial number and it's own activation. Modules are independend of each other. The sim does not know that you are allowed to fly the BS - so it treats every BS as AI controlled.

I suggest, you search the forums for "invalid serial number" or some such ... as my knowledge ends here. Or maybe someone else can help you from here on.

edit: just found this thread - maybe it helps already: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110671

Edited by Flagrum

It can be related with "DCS" folder (located in {username}/Saved Games). I can't remember details but, after an update if I keep use my older folder, I encounter this problem (sometimes), even my modules are already activated.

Then, I take a backup of that folder (ınputs, screenshots etc.) and delete it. DCS re-creates it automatickly and F1 works.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 6 years later...
  • ED Team
How? Having the same issue.

Please ensure you have activated the module with your key.

IF you continue to have problems please contact support directly

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
My modules say 'keyless'. I dont have a key.

Please check

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\bin

If you see a protect file it is still using starforce and still requires a key.

if it has a crypt it is keyless.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2