Salvo In Su-25T

Sn0w_Lynx

In FC2 I could tell if I was in salvo mode or not because a toggle switch on the panel. But that switch doesn't move now. Or was that incorrect? Question is how can I tell if I am in salvo mode or not?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC

GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler

Wrong bug. The other one says ripple and salvo don't function. This one says that the switch to go to instant salvo mode (i.e. the separate 'salvo mode' keybind) doesn't move.

I've never really used it, though, since setting the salvo knob to 'all' and the ripple knob to 'salvo' has the same effect.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I got it figured out now. as you said the switch doesnt move anymore, its one of the top 2 silver toggles. but now i have another issue. I was doing anti ship. Finally figured out how to start sinking carriers :) But I noticed that with a SEAD loadout 2x Kh-58u and 4x Kh-25mpu's on the smaller ships like moly, neut, and grish. missles do not hit target. watched the tracks and the missles are passing right through them and into the water. big splash no boom. Now on a carrier they blow up about 50-100ft off the deck of the ship. I remembered in an old patch note how they fixed or added the proximity fuses to them, same patch where the tunguska's no longer shoot missles down.

anyone else have this issue or is it just my technique. fire from close and far ranges, altitudes ranging from 25m off the water (bad idea for KH-58's btw) to 8500m

had better luck blowing up ships with unguided low drag bombs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GTX 1070 8GB

Lynx, when you see that splash, the missile is actually hitting and hurting. It's a visual bug only.

i put it on infinite weapons, on a destroyer, fired 6 58's to put it down. spashes, I agree its taking damage, but I dont think it should take so many to put it down should it? same deal with smaller ships moly and grish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GTX 1070 8GB

Well, it takes a lot to outright sink a ship, and even then, the process might take hours.

The main problem is that DCS ships have no components that can be disabled, just a massive number of hitpoint. The Kh-58 just has a simple HE warhead for taking out radars, AFAIK. You can't guarantee that it hits the waterline, so while one missile would likely cripple a destroyer, you couldn't expect a catastrophic kill right away.

Well, it takes a lot to outright sink a ship, and even then, the process might take hours.

The main problem is that DCS ships have no components that can be disabled, just a massive number of hitpoint. The Kh-58 just has a simple HE warhead for taking out radars, AFAIK. You can't guarantee that it hits the waterline, so while one missile would likely cripple a destroyer, you couldn't expect a catastrophic kill right away.

Indeed, would be nice if ED could code something that would disable a ships radar if it got hit by an ARM.

(and as such cripple its AD capabilities.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)