MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

taking into consideration that this forum has been moved into "For Sale" category without any notification, and also that some people don't understand that the free version was always in beta stage (which gives me bad score on Google play due their bad rating) DCSpanelsClient (free version of app) has been removed from Google Play.

Thank you for understanding !

Cheers,

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

First off, very ingenious app! Just bought it, works great except for one little problem. When I run it I experience a huge FPS drop. The game usually runs at 60-70 FPS but when enabling the app it will drop to 12-15. I am thinking its because SLI doesn't run in WINDOWED mode (currently running two GTX 660 Ti) however I ran the app in FULLSCREEN mode, it showed fine on my tablet but the FPS drop was still present. Is this something anyone else experienced?

Thanks,

-Seb

Hello,

thank you for your feedback ! As described in requirements the app is only designed to work in windowed mode. I don't have CLI configuration so I am not able to test it with CLI.

Best,

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

New SERVER part DCSpanelsPro 1.0.7 is available -

fixes color distortion after rotation of MFCDs display in view only mode.

You can download it here

No client (tablet) update is required.

Best,

colo

• 4 weeks later...

Resolved the first issue. I had not noticed both devices were attempting to connect on the same port. Set up custom ports on the devices and voila.

Colo, I've been using the free client for some time now, but upgraded to the newer Pro client in order to try the newer features. I do read that in the 1.0.5 update you fixed multiple android connections, but I don't seem to be able to get two devices running. I can get them both running in the free client, but not in pro. In the pro client, I get one connected, then click on the second MFD to see the "left" "right" toggle box beneath the MFD, but no connection is ever established. It simply sits there with the MFD image.

Also, this is likely not related to Panels, but when using a certain OSB (it is either alt+r or shift+r, whichever the mission reset key was. Erasing or replacing the setting seems to do nothing.) the mission resets. I'm sure there is some means to disable it, but I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do so. Surely this is a .lua edit somewhere?

Thanks all.

Edited by AesclepiusCrow
Solved part of issue.

Hi,

please download new server version 1.0.8 from lumatek.sk website, I have changed right MFCD OSB 19 button mapping from shift + r to shift + i.

Please update - in DCS World - right MFCD OSB 19 button mapping from shift + r to shift + i in OPTIONS -> CONTROLS -> A10C Sim -> RightMFCD

No changed needed on client side (tablet)

Cheers,

colo

Appreciate it, Colo!

I know this is not likely to be added soon, but any chance we'll see A-10C gauges ala some of the other google apps (P-51 and UH-1) in the play store? I know they're not your apps, but that does seem to be the next logical step for this program.

It seems now to be the only facet missing from a completely portable device cockpit. I've been envisioning a cockpit in which you simply slide your tablets or phones in and out of a mount and you're ready to fly. Highly portable and in many cases cheaper than the traditional multi-monitor setup.

Hi,

yes i will implement also another instruments from A10C but I am currently working on one channel communication so online swapping between MFCDs and CDU will be possible

• 3 months later...

Hey Colo, great app for an reasonable price.

I was able to virtually create a second monitor. (basicly just told windows to look for a projector on the vga, and selected the resolution, which was closes to my phone <1280 x 720> )

With that set up, I am able to see both MFCD's, but not the CDU. (both on my virtual monitor and in the android application). So far i suspect that the CDU export you cover in your 1HW monitor tutorial, also might have to be applied here. - but I'm not sure.

A second issue is that my keyboard settings doesn't seem to be overwritten by your program. The shortcuts for the OSB aren't set. Setting them manually resolves the issue.

I think it does a good job, and i think it should have all the support it can get. Especially since it doesn't cost 60$ to unlock individual viewports like some other app does.

Wishlist:

close and re-establish connection, so mode change can occur with little to no inconvenience. - could be done in several ways. like disconnecting a port for the specific mode when clicking the back button. (then its basicly implemented)

Vibration for button clicks and an option to turn it on or off. Should be fairly simple for Android, but i don't know about Ios.

A newcomer tutorial, which makes it easier to use the application.

Eg. How to create a virtual second monitor, and a recommended size

Setting up DCS manually, in case that keybord shortcuts are not working, or something seems missing.

Automatically changeing DCS config, so lumatek monitor is selected and resolution is set.

Mode switch by swipeing. eg. singlemode MFCD -> dual mode MFCD -> other instruments.

I hope you will be able and have time to work some more on your application, as it is a nice thing to the DCS community, and again, it ain't a rip off.

Hey eliasr,

thank you for buying DCSpanelsPro !

Sorry to hear that you have problems with CDU (yes is is usually problem with exporting instrument)

The main problem with install automation is that DCS world is changing from version to version, for example if you install new patch for DCS world it will unexport CDU instrument again.

But you are right I should improve app on desktop and also on Android as well as web page to provide more information -thank you for feedback, I especially like the idea of button vibration I will implement it soon.

Best,

colo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

new version of DCSpanelsPro 1.04 is out:

- added button vibration feedback (must be enabled in main menu)

Please note that majority of tablets doesn't have vibration device, only phones usually has.

No changes on server side(desktop) needed.

Best,

colo

Thanks for the update. I just noticed it yesterday.

It is some time ago I last worked with Lua, but I will eventually get around to fixing the export issue.

I ran into another problem though. When I press start in DCSPanelServer ( v 1.0.8 ) I get the error message:

This version is old!

Please download newer from http://www.lumatek.sk

So I downloaded it again, to be sure, but no luck.

I recently updated my java to 8.0_45, so i tried downgrading, but it didn't solve the problem either.

I don't have a clue on that one though.

Regarding CDU export:

You don't need to manually edit lua file, just download modified lua file from here, unzip and copy it over original file located (by default) at YOUR_DCS_WORLD_PATH\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\scripts\CDU\indicator

Thank for "old version" bug report - I will look at it within several hours

Best,

colo

• 2 weeks later...

DCSpanelsPro client 1.0.5

Hi,

new version DCSpanelsPro client 1.0.5 is out (it will take some time to be visible on Google Play)

- removed START button on tablet

Just start server app on desktop, then just select instrument in main menu on tablet.

It will automatically connect with server app without need to press START button (which is now removed) No need to update server app on desktop.

Best,

colo

Hi new version of client DCSpanelsPro 1.0.6 is out. To support new features you must download new server part DCSpanelsPro 1.1 from here

Changelog:

- online switching between ALL instruments (no app restart required just push back button on Android device and change instrument)

- only one port used in single Android device mode

- support for 3 separate Android devices in MANUAL mode (accessed by pressing shift and start on server app)

MANUAL mode clarification:

-first port is used for BOTH MFCDs

- second port is used for right MFCD only

- third port is used for CDU only

Exmaples:

- if you have 2 Android devices you will setup 1st Android device to first server port(so you will be able to switch between both MFCDs) and setup 2nd Android device do third port for controling CDU

- or with 2 Android devices you will setup 1st Android device to first server port for contolling left MFCD and setup 2nd Android device do second port for controling right MFCD

- or with 3 Android devices you will setup 1st Android device to first server port(so you will be able to control left MFCD) and setup 2nd Android device to second port (for controling right MFCD) and setup 3rd Android device to third server port control CDU

Edited by colo

Hi,

new version of client DCSpanelsPro 1.0.7 is out (take some time to show on Google play)

- added dragging between instruments, enabled by default in main menu

(note that if dragging is enabled, switching left/right MFCDs by touch is disabled)

Imagine that Left MFCD and Right MFCD is side by side and CDU is below them.

Just drag between them as in another common Android application.

Compatible with server (PC app) version 1.1 (available at lumatek.sk)

Enjoy !

Best,

colo

Hi,

are you using last server version 1.1 ?

Is it fresh install ?

If not, you can try to remove server settings with this file http://lumatek.sk/deleteKey.zip

Just unzip and run deleteKey.cmd it will delete server settings from Windows registry

Great work!

All i need to do now, is to set my CDU shortcut keys up and move the coms menu ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88889 )

Changing module works like a charm, and connections are also more failsafe now.

I did not experience the issues that Montes had.

A minor detail:

height and width for the size of the MFCD's and CDU seems to be switched. That is, altering width actually alters height... or at least it is in mine.

But it was really easy to set the right values in this update.

Thanx for feedback !

In next server version there will be external file with keyboard shortcuts definition so the keys will be not hardcoded and everyone can change them by editing keys file