Mission Designers??

Re Re-Arming:

Discovered accidently that you can re-arm AFTER you start the engines but not before. This works, at least in the Helicopter Wars. Go figure ?

Thanks for figuring this out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I've tried the same thing in a couple other missions so far without success so I'm guessing it has something to do with how you placed the MI-8's in the Helicopter Wars. Keep doing it for now whatever it is.

Then again, the whole re-arm issue will probably be altered as they continue work on the Beta

I was able to rearm successfully at mission start without my engines on. Just had to open the side door (which DCS seems to see in the same way as the Ka-50's door or the A-10C's canopy; the cockpit windows don't seem to affect anything other than the visuals).

I'll have to try the "door open" in other missions just to see. I was surprised to find I could rearm after engine start but not before in this mission. So far, that's only worked for me in Helicopter Wars though.

Edit: Gave it a try in a couple other missions that have armed MI-8's and no go, door open, engine on / off, doesn't matter.

Both "tricks" work in the Helicopter Wars for some reason. Wolle had to have done something different when placing / selecting the MI-8's in this mission ? Whatever it is, don't change it. Re-arming is a good thing to have.

Edit 2: I did re-try another mission and if I moved from the Farp beside the airport to a ramp at the airport I could rearm using either "trick" listed previously - engine on, or side door open

Edited by lorenzoj

Maybe when engine is on you have power to the radios IIRC both a10 and KA50 need power to radios for rearming without door open. Obviously you need to have correct freqs or switch to intercom correctly positioned:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No the radios are not functioning correctly yet in the MI-8 anyway. And in different situations you can re-arm when you are shut completely down (normal) and others you have to be running. Anytime you can call for rearm or troop load or whatever using the "/" plus "f" keys you have to assume the "radio" is functioning properly I think.