collective moves in game but engine doesn't spool up

leafer

Turn on the control indicator (rctrl+enter) to see reaction to the control inputs. Maybe he forget to turn the corrector to the max - full right. It sets the governor to auto.

Edited by Suchacz

Please look into Options/Controls, I think it's PageUp/Down. It can be assigned to an axis (recomended).

I tried that but nothing happend, I also try to use the collective via de A/Q keys but no joy.

I see the indicators spoil up just as when I'm using the joystick but no reaction from the rotor what so ever.

My Pictures at: http://vortex-images.com/

In the debriefing screen press "Save a Track". You will get a file "something.trk" and upload it here in your post.

I'm curious what your problem is :huh:

Edited by Suchacz

Exactly same problem here. BTW i have a black box in the upper left corner in 3rd person (rear arcade) view. The Mi8 just goes all the way down and i just can´t do anything. Tried with Saitek X52 and keyboard+mouse without success. Thx for any help.

I saw the replay and well... still dunno what is the problem. Is this behavior in all of the missions? Try another one. And you can try to repair the game (Start menu/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Repair DCS World)

I saw the replay and well... still dunno what is the problem. Is this behavior in all of the missions? Try another one. And you can try to repair the game (Start menu/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Repair DCS World)

I have the same issue. This is a clean install of v1.2.6 that displayed the problem. Since then, I have run repair. Wiped the Saved Games folder. Cleared all controls and setup just the basic axis and nothing else. I set up the controls for both the Huey and Mi-8 and the Mi-8 goes nowhere while the Huey flies just fine.

Oh yes, this was in manually created missions set to runway start.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks, I will give it a spin in the morning. It's been a long day so I'm off to bed shortly.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, if I take over control from your track, my collective works fine. Immediately after exiting your track I started one of the installed Mi-8 missions and still no lift off. Gauges indicate the engine is receiving the message from the collective but...

@Nielis: Try the simulation mode instead of the game mode, i think the game mode isn't finished yet (I unzipped your track and noticed it is set to game mode).

You are genius, that is their problem!

Guys, check your game mode and switch it to SIM!:thumbup:

You are genius, that is their problem!

Guys, check your game mode and switch it to SIM!:thumbup:

I saw that it was in Game mode, when I tried the Huey (Btw, that lifebar needs to be changed or dumped), but never bothered changing it. Other than the Mi-8, I had no great interest in running 1.2.6 for actual use.

Thanks.

EDIT: The front tires sink into the pavement and some of the bits on the outside are rather fragile!! :D

Edited by cichlidfan

Great investigative work, Laro. Would have been nice if someone from the development team showed up with the answer.

Glad it worked out for ya, cichlidfan.

Thanks. Indeed, a beta should not have something that basic not working, at least not without, at minimum, a statement to that effect for the benefit of first time DCS buyers, if for no other reason.