Friday Development Update - October 11, 2013

luthier1

it has the markings of the 16th panzer div which was in poland for refit in 1944 and sent to CZ in 1945. they were originally completely destroyed at stalingrad.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

it has the markings of the 16th panzer div which was in poland for refit in 1944 and sent to CZ in 1945. they were originally completely destroyed at stalingrad.
G00d find! (^.-) I propose using correct unit markings, since we are a lot of hard-to-please armchair combat pilots anyway.

If using the correct Waffen-SS unit markings is too sensitive (although I don't know why a single pink Sig-rune of the s.Pz.Abt 102, IInd SS Panzer Korps should be found offensive), at least use Panzer-Lehr-Division unit markings. Let's do this right from the beginning ...

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Hi Ilya. Looking through the comments here and on the Kickstarter page I see what are usual comments (in a good way) with players/historians who have a real in-depth knowledge of certain aspects of Military History that you are entering in to. I remember the update where you asked for people to help you with information you didn't and this update with the tanks seems to be a perfect example of community support.

So feedback so-far has explained the different historic units that were present in the combat zone for the period you are looking at and wonder if this information will be of use to you or have the units already been researched hence the current skins?

May I request another bit of PR from you with the updates please?

It would be great to see a little more interaction on these forums when you post updates there as questions usually follow, but do.see to be left 'up in the air' with no response coming back. Similarly I find myself asking a question here and on the Kickstarter forum because I don't know where it will be best to guess where you may read a post?

The feedback on this model across a few of the forums has been very impressive so it's nice to be able to share your good news and great work. My only question now is, how will.we know which are 'Backers only updates' and one's that have information we can share elsewhere?

Generally any update will have information that can be shared, but how will we know what you want to keep 'between us' and 'them'?

While on the subject of future updates, would it be possible for your team.to.release skinning templates for the most important vehicles? Obviously having seen the Template for the P-51 which is in..dds format, this wont be open to everyone, but I think if possible it would be a good idea for community interaction, to get a skinning template out for the aircraft as they are released so that when the Sim goes 'live' later next-year, there will be a lot of community made skins ready to be added to the aircraft of new purchasers. Actually, considering skinning, would you consider having community made skins added into.an official skin pack so that skin downloads don't have to be switched on and cause server lag? At-least if everyone has the same ' Official skins' then they will be visible to everyone if everyone has them in their game?

Looking forward to Normandy Map updates...this time hopefully with some shaders/shading and textures in place :)

Cheers, MP

• Like 1