Starting out (Joystick recommendation)

I don' have any experiences with a x65f, but I have similar one, fssb cougar.

It's just fantastic. I have hotas warthog and ms ffb2 also, but I can say the fssb cougar is the best joystick base I've ever tried. It is great for jets and helicopters.

I don't recommend original cougar. The gimbal is real problem.

It has huge center play, and it's too weak so you'll get it broken anytime soon.

I will give my opinion.

the X65F, i tested in a localshop, was really hard to flight at first 5 minutes! i tested in FSX Acceleration... Very well constructed, but for me no way to use, the stick almost dont move.

I got the x52pro and warthog, both do the same thing.

Firstly, i bought the X52pro for A10-C. I make the macros and no problem.

Yes, i wished the warthog and bought! its plug and play in A-10C! I love the hawg!

imo, the X52pro is a good entry btw. and can be most flexible in others sims!

For anyone saying that a force sensing stick is the same as the F-16 stick, not really. The F-16 stick is force sensing, and so is the F-35 and F-22. However, the pilots who originally flew the F-16 complained about how the stick did not move. Then you are looking around it is hard to tell where the center of the stick is or what your stick's current position is. That is why all force sensing sticks in actual aircraft today have a bit of movement so that the pilot does not get disoriented with his/her stick. If there is a mod to loosen the X65F, that would be nice. All in all, the Warthog is the most precise stick I've ever used.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you are interested, i woud have a ch fighterstick and a ch pro throttle to give away, as they are collecting dust right now...i have no clue how much the shipping would be though.

cheers.

I would be very much interested. How much you want? :thumbup:

Windows 8.1 | EVGA X79 FTW | Intel i7 3930k | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | WD 2TB | MSI Geforce GTX 670 OC | SoundBlaster TACTIC 3D Rage Headset | Razer Saipan Mouse | Razer Blackwidow Keyboard | Logitech G27 | TrackIR 5 | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Peddles | CH Pro Throttle

Ill just add my 2 cents to this topic. Again...

(in order of personal preference)

X65=good not perfect

Warthog=good not perfect

Ch=Almost as good

t16000=best entry level stick

Cougar with no mods=crap

X52=junk

Everything else retail=not worth mentioning

Don't be a scaredy cat of force sensing just because its typical to hate it on first/limited contact.