International Air Tasking Order

Shaman

Hi,

I am trying to revive community interest in COOP closed missions and trainings.

I hope to organize few COOP missions on A-10C with TARS realistic radio operations communications. http://www.excessiveheadspace.com/tars/

Something I have tried before but due to issues with DCS and RL time concerns took me away from the idea.

There is this community tool with RSS channel for arranging such events but seems abandoned by both Falcon and DCS A-10C community. http://www.quasar-49th.de/briefing_tool/

I have done some forum searching, found no recent discussion of this ATO planning site.

Any idea what happened with its authors? I hoped to use it to invite some serious fliers for revival of coop flights.

Anyway, I am here, open to organize A-10C 2-4 coop flights, and I need some :helpsmilie: to spread the word.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'm definitely interested, and there's a few more in our group that would fly also. Are you interested in getting just more serious coop games or specifically, are you interested in using that ATO?

I can supply a teamspeak with plenty of slots, but my own internet connection limits me to hosting four players (which is enough for small missions :) )

If we can - I'd like to see missions like CSAR supporting MI-8s etc type stuff, as well as human JTAC and that kind of thing.

Let me know :)

There is this community tool with RSS channel for arranging such events but seems abandoned by both Falcon and DCS A-10C community http://www.quasar-49th.de/briefing_tool/

I have done some forum searching, found no recent discussion of this ATO planning site.

This tool is still working and used by the 49th.

(last entry july 2013. currently they participate in bms mp events and their training entries are hidden. that's why it looks unused)

Just go to "planning tool" and you can create an entry. If you have any questions I can contact them.

I know the 104th will be interested in taking part!

We've been doing something similar co-op wise with the 44th Squadron lately. The MP scene is slowly building again but co-op missions would be a welcome change on the quiet days.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I'm pretty sure I can round up some guys from our squadron depending on when the events are scheduled.

Anyway, I am here, open to organize A-10C 2-4 coop flights, and I need some :helpsmilie: to spread the word.

Does this mean 2-4 pilots or events or squadrons or ??? Please elaborate.

-Seil

WotG Founder & A10C Lead

2-4 pilots COOP sessions, hosted by one of participants. ATO tool not necessary, although it may help quite a bit with sign up process. I won't be the only one creating all events, just wish to bring up a bunch of people here and kick start small coop flying, briefed in one place.

First session I suppose is good just to warm up with TARS - make sure all have their configurations set and understood - followed by flights in default A-10C coop missions that come with module install.

Brevity not certainly required, just knowledge of the aircraft, rest we will built it up along the way.

This is not intended to be understood as squad events or joint squad trainings.

tail# 44 or 444

Any idea what happened with its authors?

actualy there is a small email button on the bottom of that page.

but it's quite funny to ready about the ATO here, as i almost forgot that i developed it, hehe.

you can use it, no problem, if you need some new airframe names, callsigns or airfields, let me know, i will include them in the database.

regards,

RR

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Okay, cool, Roadrunner.

Good there is some tool out there to schedule closed server missions, really appreciate it.

I will try to schedule first four ship COOP flight starting January, leaving myself enough time to learn the tool and write setup/join tutorial for first-comers.

Is there someone very proficient using radios/TARS who wishes to join on the first session? It will be better if there will be immediately two of us who have everything properly configured to efficiently troubleshoot two users who may be using TARS for first time after installation.

quick notes for requirements for first session:

Knowledge of the aircraft, operation in the cockpit (at least most used functions), safety discipline in flight - complete in-game tutorials and complete 5 missions in campaign following JTAC calls without dying.

TARS will be applicable for the flight, but that is if 1.2.7 update does not break its functionality.

TS3 of client version 3.0.12 or lower is required to run latest version of TARS plugin properly, but that is unless new version of TARS is released by January that supports new TS3 clients.

Knowledge of all three A-10C radio panels and radio operation.

Host only: Server exports must be allowed to allow TARS to function.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444