FPS counter question

SilentBob

I have an Athlon64 X2 4800+ (dual core) with 1gig of RAM and an ATi X1800XL (256).I find It sometimes qite hard to read the FPS because it "flickers" a lot, the numbers change very quickly between 24,50,88 and sometimes I can see a glimps of minus something (!) yes. I have negative FPS icon_surprised.gif . the numbers run very swiftly back and forth even in straight flight over water with nothing going on.

someone knows what causes this "flickering"?

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

We have nearly the same specs and mine does this also... (mine's a 4400)

using fraps will solve this..

Ah! so i'm not alone :icon_supe do you also have a brief drop of FPS when other A/C are entering your bubble (and then it catches up again) or when your missile hits another A/C?

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

• 1 year later...

My FPS counter just started doing this also ( with the negative and eveything) and I know I havent changed any hardware lately.

The only software changes Ive made to lockon weren't around when this thread was active. the FPS counter was fine a week or so ago and now its all out of wack.

Any updates on this issue?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

Yeah in my PC it slides between example 25-80 (I have only one view, don't change it), and from time to time (about 3 sec.) game lags... by dropping FPS. Why in FC FPS isn't stable? I would prefer stable 30 than 20-80 jumping.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Im just curious as to what may have caused it to break. It worked fine a week or so ago. I could look into sky and see 150 fps give or take a few, very slight movement.

now its just all over the place and even get a negative sign sometimes. wierd.

Not really worried about the FPS counter as much as what caused the problem that might be causing other problems I havent noticed yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64