BIC Pens,

Wire,

3 LEDs,

Large Tension Clip,

Hot Glu/Elec. Tape.,

Schematics (avail. online, google),

About an hour,

Make your Own Track Clip Pro.

Cut and Glue/Melt Pen Shafts together to the dimensions of the original Pro Clip.

Solder wires to the LEDs, Run the wires through the pens to the central point, soldier the pos/negs together to make one pos and one neg lead, connect a 1.5v battery pack (AA Bay Should work)., hot Glue/tape the tension clip to the unit, and use the tension clip to mount to Headphones.

Thank you so much! Was about to ask if it was possible to make your own. I never bothered with the the clip since I heard how flimsy they were. Will any IR LED do or is there a specific one needed?

The TIR reflector works better for me because I don't have to recharge my batteries or wear a power cord. I just tape them on top of my wireless headphones and i'm done.

I used freetrack for years with the ps3 cam. I've made my own clips, bought, broke and repaired the Tir Clips. Now, instead, i'm using TIR5 with the reflector and have had much better results all around.

Making your own clip is fun and cheap, but can be frustrating.

The TIR reflector works better for me because I don't have to recharge my batteries or wear a power cord. I just tape them on top of my wireless headphones and i'm done.

I used freetrack for years with the ps3 cam. I've made my own clips, bought, broke and repaired the Tir Clips. Now, instead, i'm using TIR5 with the reflector and have had much better results all around.

Making your own clip is fun and cheap, but can be frustrating.

Ditto, Enhanced Reflector without a Hat Brim (Taped to Headphones) Works great for me.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs