FC3 now LockOn Free...!!!!

cichlidfan

Just a question to ED/Wags: Will my current FC3 install would also receive the updates and features that DCS:FC3 will provide? (No more LOMAC installation prior FC3, 6DOF pits,...) or do I have to purchase a new key?

There is no difference between Flaming Cliffs 3 and DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3. They are the same product. Your existing Flaming Cliffs 3 will be updated, there is no need to purchase a new key.

Honestly, the Flaming Cliffs series is the gift that keeps on giving!

Just to be even more clear: This is the same as the FC3 version you are all familiar with, the key/only difference is that we now can legally sell it sans-Lock On. This will also allow us to sell the product world wide on Steam and other digital distribution outlets.

When the final version of 1.2.7 is released, existing owners of FC3 will also no longer need a Lock On installation.

Edited by Psyrixx

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just remove lockon after the update to 1.2.7 is installed? Or should I remove lockon after the update and run a repair or redownload FC3?

Just remove LockOn. IIRC, the only reason LockOn had to be installed was to satisfy a contractual obligation that Eagle Dynamics had with Ubisoft. LockOn and DCS: World / Flaming Cliffs 3 are otherwise completely separate installations from each other.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

There is no reason why we should not be able to do a key merge with the Steam database once DCS:FC3 is available on Steam world-wide.

:worthy:

Matt, ED team : "je vous aime !" :love:

The full DCS package on Steam : a dream comes true :thumbup:

No more Lockon, double DCS installation & copy/pasta workaround needed.

Thanks a lot, looking forward your next products.

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang