Static Object Templates

atsmith6

Are static object templates possible?

I love that I can create groups and template them with vehicles, but I want to create a few bases and make them into templates for easier mission creation. However, it appears that static objects can't be grouped so whole bases can't be made into templates. Am I missing something here?

Any feedback would be appreciated...

Regards

Static Objects are there for eye-candy, really.

SO's cannot be used in a template. SO's cannot be selected in an event. SO's cannot be viewed from the F10 View -> F7.

SO's can be destroyed for no credit.

---

I use Static Objects. Since you cannot F10 -> F7 on them, I will add a Watchtower or other structure close by. If that assembly (it's certainly not a Group) is close enough to engage then I will set the ROI = Hold and State = Green so that the 'real' object doesn't start firing and get enemy attention.

I have FARP Templates for Red and Blue for the support vehicles including AAA -- but No, these Templates will not hold Static Objects like FARP CPs and Tents.

WC

Edited by Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

That's disappointing. Being able to set up "standard" bases and then customise them would make mission building far quicker. That means that to do this I'll need to extract the FARP objects from the .miz file and manually add them to a new mission file to move it from one mission to another. Bit of a hack with a risk of corrupting the .miz file me thinks.

Thanks Davis0079 and Wrecking Crew for the answers. Much appreciated!

It's not as easy as it should be, but try this...

Make your farp / base out of the real thing as desired... Then place a vehicle group over the top of what you have laid down with the exact same orientation as the statics and save that vehicle group as a template.

Whenever you need that base in the future, place the vehicle template and then reverse the process above.

It's not quick or elegant, but it's a lot quicker than creating from scratch every time.

Here is one made up from a couple of my own and some from the community, sorry to the authors, but I can't remember who to credit for them!

Please note that there are a couple in there that use Beczl's vehicle pack, so unless you use that pack (and if you do and use those vehicles in mission, the people that fly it use them), you won't see them.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]