abris flght plan

Kite

Hi. Is it possible to save flight plan from abris on hard disk ? It is described in manual but doesn t work for me. I undestand in bs1 was not possible correct? And bs2?

I can save info points and lines but not flight plan.

Also I tried night vison googles, it appears very different from bs1 I rarely can see something also using the regulation knob. A pixelled image not uniform infrared image. It is my computer or normal?

thanks

Edited by Kite

Hi. Is it possible to save flight plan from abris on hard disk ? It is described in manual but doesn t work for me. I undestand in bs1 was not possible correct? And bs2?

You can save flightplans with "prepare mission" for your current mission. The data go into the folder "abris" of the *.miz. If you are expierenced you can extract that abris flight-plan data from that folder.

I will wait with the purchase of BS2 until this night-vision bug is fixed.

Edited by yureg

thanks Yureg. But i meant create a fligth plan directly in cockpit with abris and save on hard disk. Prepare mission is only in Mission editor correct?Or i misunderstand...

I would like to enter cockpit and prepare the flight plan in the cockpit directly on abris and PVi800. I can save to RAM of abris but not able to save on hard disk of my computer. I need to save on HD because i need to reload it many time during our campaign.

Thanks

thanks Yureg. But i meant create a fligth plan directly in cockpit with abris and save on hard disk. Prepare mission is only in Mission editor correct?Or i misunderstand...

I would like to enter cockpit and prepare the flight plan in the cockpit directly on abris and PVi800. I can save to RAM of abris but not able to save on hard disk of my computer. I need to save on HD because i need to reload it many time during our campaign.

Thanks

You want to save the additional info into the hard disc of your aircraft? If that is what you want, then it works this way:

1- Boot Abris

2- When Abris done with loading, toggle menu button to the menu screen

3- Press Plan

4- Press Select

5- Press Save and give default plan a name.

6- Press Select again

7- Press Add Inf

8- edit your plan as necessary, and when your'e done with adding lines, points, waypoints, etc..., press Cancel

9- Press Select

10- Press Save

11- Give new plan a different name than for step 5 above

12- Press Save

13- Press Select

14- Press Unload

15- Press Load and select plan name in step 11 rotary

16- Press Load

Now you'll see the entire flight plan with your added details if you rotate knob.

*** What's left is for you to activate it***

Press Activate.

I have a question now:

Is there an SDK for the ABRIS? I'd like to be able to load flight plan on desktop or Ipad out of game, fiddle with it, then save it, but in an ABRIS styled editor (has the skin and functions buttons for Abris-like GUI for windows)..

It would be uber-cool in case of the DSMS for the A-10 too..

Yet another question:

I'm now part of DCS Mercs, and I wonder if the Abris lines and points are shared on same Shark flights when you edit in your cockpit:

THAT IS:

I want to draw lines and share those lines with flight elements: Like ARMA2 map in multiplayer with the (x) ***** annotations..

I know I can share only target/ingress points.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

thanks Noc but i want to save flight plan on my PC hard disk non in abris RAM.

I need to reload the flight plan created in cockpit for another flight.

Let's say ...

i do flight plan from abris...

flight my mission ... get killed...

back to spectator... re-enter the game... load my previous plan from my pc hard disk.

Is it possible? this is described in manual page 7-38 but something is not working ... at least for me ...

"Although you can save route plans into the ABRIS system RAM through the PLAN sub-mode pages, you can also save a route plan into the ABRIS permanent database (i.e. your hard drive). If you do so, you will have the ability to load it the next time you fly the same mission. To do so... etc etc... "

thanks Noc but i want to save flight plan on my PC hard disk non in abris RAM.

I need to reload the flight plan created in cockpit for another flight.

Let's say ...

i do flight plan from abris...

flight my mission ... get killed...

back to spectator... re-enter the game... load my previous plan from my pc hard disk.

Is it possible? this is described in manual page 7-38 but something is not working ... at least for me ...

"Although you can save route plans into the ABRIS system RAM through the PLAN sub-mode pages, you can also save a route plan into the ABRIS permanent database (i.e. your hard drive). If you do so, you will have the ability to load it the next time you fly the same mission. To do so... etc etc... "

Oh, I don't know about that. NateIRL should be here any minute squaring that away.

But here this is from GUI manual:

PREPARE MISSION. The PREPARE MISSION mode is used for integrating navigation and environment data into the saved mission file. When near the end of creating a mission, you can start the mission in the PREPARE MISSION mode (it will look much like usual FLY MISSION start) and create ABRIS data such as routes, navigation, target

DIGITAL COMBAT SIMULATOR MANUAL

p. 57

points, and drawing line objects. After completing ABRIS data input, you should save all the data to the virtual ABRIS hard disk as described in the Ka-50 flight manual. You should then exit from the mission and press the SAVE button in the ME to save all the prepared ABRIS data in the mission. With this data in the mission file (mission files are actually .ZIP files) the file will appear in the ABRISDatabase folder which consists of three files: ADDITIONAL.lua, NAVGATION.lua, and ROUTES.lua. You may open a .miz file with a program such as winzip. Additionally, using this procedure you can save ADF mission file data (beacon preset frequencies) in the ScriptsAircraftska-50CockpitDevices_specsARK.lua file. You can also set the GPS/GLONASS satellites constellation in the ScriptsWorldGPS_GNSS.lua file. If you wish to save custom beacons and satellite constellations in the mission, you must edit the proper files before entering PREPARE MISSION mode. For example, you can unzip the quick start mission and see this file structure.

Further:

From Flight Man

To save map points and lines to ABRIS permanent storage (i.e. your hard drive), with the ability to load them the next time you fly the same mission, please do the following:

1. Select the MENU operating mode and press the CTRL FSK button.

2. Press the SETUP FSK button. This will display a pop-up menu. Using the Δ-Δ FSK buttons or cursor manipulator control, select the DTB (DATABASE) option and press the SETUP FSK button again.

3. On the CTRL page, press the SAVE button and this will display a box-cursor in the ONBOARD STORAGE section.

4. Move the cursor to the ADDITIONAL INFO entry and press the SAVE FSK button. This will save map points and lines.

5. Once everything is saved, press the MENU FSK button to go back to the MENU operating page.

I think you need to be on the mission preparation mode for the above to work. I'm currently holding short of flying pending my exam on Thursday, wish me luck.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe
Vid

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

sigh... so no way to save directly fligth plan from abris inside cockpit to hard disk..

thanks anyway and... good luck for the exam!!

Sequence:

1- Open mission in mission editor

2- Click Prepare mission

3- Turn on Battery power 1 and 2

4- Turn on Abris

5- when abris is GUI, open current plan

6- work your magic, create points in it, lines, etc..

7- save plan

8- go to MENU osb (with green and red entries)

9- press SETUP

10- press DTB

11- Press Save once, this should take you to three options down, each showing the added lines and points in numbers,

12- press Save again and again till each option is white (red means you havent added points /addtl info)

13- turn off abris

14- turn off battery power

15- exit mission --> this takes you back to mission editor with mission in question loaded.

16- save the mission

17- you're done. Share this mission (.miz) with flight buddies

18- they should have your annotations in their file.

If not you should have the scripted abris.LUA files (route,addtl, point (or whatever) as zip file. send this file along with the .miz file to your clan members. have them unpack it to parent directory (their hard discs).

Now there shouldnt be a problem

so. NO use

ok

Kite, it is actually quite easy to do what you want when you know how... And almost impossible when you don't!

Setting And Saving ABRIS Routes In BS2

The ABRIS is able to save routes and other information to an internal hard disk, within the DCS simulator. This is lost when you exit each mission. However, there is one exception; when you have entered the simulator through the Mission Planner, the data is preserved and can then be saved within the .miz file. Once saved, you can return to the cockpit as many times as you like to fly the mission as normal with your saved ABRIS data.

To plan routes and have them available for later use, you do the following:

• Open your mission in the mission planner/editor and load the simulator from there by selecting Flight > Prepare Mission from the drop down menu.
  • Create, edit and save one or more routes in the ABRIS.
  • Instruct the ABRIS to save all routes to its hard disk.
  • Quit the mission preparation, automatically returning to the mission planner.
  • Save the mission file within the mission planner.
  • Optionally rename the mission file to zip and edit lua files manually (returning it to .miz afterwards).
  • When returning to the cockpit, load one of the saved routes.

The .miz file can be renamed to .zip and browsed, or opened using software. Within the file, you will find ABRIS data stored in the folder ABRIS\Database. You can open the 3 lua files and edit them. The files are:

• ROUTES.lua: stores routes that were saved within the ABRIS.
  • NAVIGATION.lua: stores the 'objects' that the ABRIS displays, such as NDB beacons, airfields and no doubt many other things.
  • ADDITIONAL.lua: doesn't seem to store a great deal. Perhaps this is where you could add in additional 'objects' that are relevant to a mission, perhaps a rendezvous point or something.

Being able to edit the ROUTES.lua is something which I think could prove very useful. For example, this provides a much easier way of naming your waypoints compared to spinning and pushing the little ABRIS knob!

I have a problem where in the mission planner, the menu itself is sometimes not visible until I have selected several objects and clicked the blank space above the map where I would expect to see the menu header.

When saving a mission in the mission planner, the 'save' button may not always work so use 'File > Save As' to be sure you have saved your changes.

Note that this process alters the .miz files, I recommend you copy the entire contents of the original missions folder under Program Files to your %userprofile%\Saved Games folder. One of the great improvements in BS2 is the use of the Saved Games folder I think.

This youtube video helps but in my experience is not completely accurate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqdZ_mkrtmU

To save routes in the ABRIS (step 2):

• From the menu page, click PLAN.
  • From the plan page, click SELECT and choose SAVE.
  • Name the file and save it.

To save all routes in the ABRIS (step 3, shown at 3:38 to 3:58 in the video):

• From the menu page, click CTRL
  • From the control page, click SETUP, choose DTB.
  • Press SAVE, scroll down to the line with 'ROUTES' and check there is a number of routes shown.
  • Press SAVE again.

To load routes in the ABRIS (step 7):

• From the menu page, click PLAN.
  • From the plan page, click SELECT and choose LOAD.
  • Select the file and load it.
  • From the plan page, click ACTIV.

In my experience, contrary to the caption at the end of the video, this does not make the saved routes available in all missions. I also agree with previous posts that this will only work done through the mission planner.

• Like 1

In my experience, contrary to the caption at the end of the video, this does not make the saved routes available in all missions.

You can use the same set of FP through various missions.

Open the *.miz file with winrar, go to "x.miz \ ABRIS \ Database \ ROUTES.lua".

Open it with NotePad++.

The structure of a FP in the file "ROUTES.lua" is very simple. There are three blocks;

-"Date".

-"Segments".

-"Name".

Respecting this structure is very easy to move or copy FPs through different missions.

What a great idea for a mod ... hurts my limited time and knowledge.

You can edit the file (copy, paste blocks) or incorporate it into another mission.

. I also agree with previous posts that this will only work done through the mission planner.

+1. But it remains an important function.

It should be possible to load FP from the HD to the editor.

Greetings.

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

i see but this is working if i am supposed to be the mission planner. I am flying a in a server on line 6 days out of 7 as player.

I enter my multi player BS2 and from there i can only work with abris in cockpit not in prepare mission in mission planner. This is the problem.

I needed to save flight plan directly from cockpit so next day where i re-enter the server i can re-load what i did day before or modify...

i see but this is working if i am supposed to be the mission planner. I am flying a in a server on line 6 days out of 7 as player.

I enter my multi player BS2 and from there i can only work with abris in cockpit not in prepare mission in mission planner. This is the problem.

I needed to save flight plan directly from cockpit so next day where i re-enter the server i can re-load what i did day before or modify...

That'd probaly require remmote lua file editing capabilities at the server...

Looks like your route saving days are over buddy :noexpression:

Hi.

When you load a flight plan in the ABRIS, in the bottom window of information, the field "TO" appears empty, without the WP name.

On the map, and the WP list appears correctly.

How to Fix it is to edit the flight plan, but it seems dangerous to edit during the flight.

Can anyone confirm if it is a bug?

Greetings.

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

Hi.

When you load a flight plan in the ABRIS, in the bottom window of information, the field "TO" appears empty, without the WP name.

On the map, and the WP list appears correctly.

How to Fix it is to edit the flight plan, but it seems dangerous to edit during the flight.

Can anyone confirm if it is a bug?

Greetings.

I think the TO function is pretty much like divert in the A-10. The normal table for flight plan is accessed by the PLAN button.

In NAV page, SEARCH function allows you to look for NDBs, Airfields, etc.... Highlight them with the rotary, then click TO to perform instant divert to selected airfield. Be advised, if in autopilot route mode, you'll have to edit current waypoint using the EDIT mode dial on the PVI-800, despite the fact that you've diverted to a green tan line to a separate location on the ABRIS

(means that ABRIS and PVI-800 cant control autopilot together, only PVI-800, with ABRIS as a consulting tool )

• 1 month later...