Having destroyed buildings before mission start

PishPosh

I tried doing it with scripts as well as searching the forums for this answer and no luck, but it may be a pretty newbie easy one to answer cause it feels like it's just an option box or something. Is it possible to have the default buildings destroyed before the mission starts like you can with static vehicles without using a triggered explosion? I just want them dead on start of the mission or at least in a damaged state and I'm having trouble figuring it out. Thanks.

Create a "zone" with diameter 1 over the building you want to explode and make a trigger rule using explode and select the zone.

Thanks for the reply, but I wanted to know how to kill a building without having it explode or using an explosion to kill a building. I just want it dead upon mission start. With the explosion I get fire and smoke that I don't want. I'm looking for the static default buildings on the map to be at a dead state as if you hit them with a rocket and they've completed their burning and smoke effects. Basically rubble at mission start. Is that possible through scripts?

When adding static structures, there is a check box for "dead"

I know about that check box with objects that you are adding, but I'm more concerned with the buildings that are already on the map. For example, if you just load in your aircraft then you're able to fly over buildings already in the game. How do you put the default buildings that are already on the map to a dead state without doing an explosion script?