JTAC in 1.2.1 patch

tobyeez

Ok there is a known bug here that is fixed in the testers build. I have already asked for the fix to be pushed forwards into an autoupdate.

The problem lies with the fact that as the JTAC has no waypoints he has in effect reached his last waypoint and all tasks are stopped. I have added a waypoint to each of your JTACs and set a HOLD action at the initial waypoint so they don't in fact move. Therefore he hasn't reached his last WP and the tasks aren't stopped. Fixed miz attached

Worldtest121DS.miz

• Like 1

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Having same problem along with others

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Hi @ all,

I have a serious problem that I don't see my Predators as JTAC in Comm menus.

Maybe someone can tell what have changed since 1.2.0. At that time the JTAC worked!?

Regards

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

I have a serious problem that I don't see my Predators as JTAC in Comm menus.

Maybe someone can tell what have changed since 1.2.0. At that time the JTAC worked!?

Regards

Works fine for me in an A10.

Are you trying to communicate in multiplayer OR are trying to communicate with JTAC with the Ka50? If so then ka50s can't use JTAC at the moment. If its a MP client issue then I will have to test further.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

No, I try to com with the JTAC as an A-10 client. I didnt get the menu Item even if there is easy comm on or not.....

I think I have to redo the Predator and define them new in all my missions.....

Edited by Quax456

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Ok, we have made some investigation, it seems that all airborne FAC Units doesn't get to work. Just to complain, it works for the host but as client it doesn't work...........

2nd Bug I have recognized if you are a 2 flight group and contact the FAC, it will be all weapons anounced twice ofcourse both airplane have the same payload

can ED or some Testers agree to this issue???

Regards

Edited by Quax456

Ok thanks for that, I was testing it earlier as a Single player, so now it's clear it's a MP client issue.

I take it you tried MP with ground FACs and they worked Ok? Also when you say it affects airborne FACs, did you try and replicate with any other AFACs other than a predator?

No JTAC available via Coms Menu in Missions which are created via "Create fast Mission". :(

My DCS World Version : 1.2.1.6192

I think is the same issue that druid said, the bug with " start enroute Task". Try to edit the mission and find the JTAC, Add a waypoint and save. It works this way

Yes, the JTAC doesn't show in menu.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No, I try to com with the JTAC as an A-10 client. I didnt get the menu Item even if there is easy comm on or not.....

I think I have to redo the Predator and define them new in all my missions.....

Ok, we have made some investigation, it seems that all airborne FAC Units doesn't get to work. Just to complain, it works for the host but as client it doesn't work...........

ok I tried to replicate your problem in 1.2.1 this evening and failed to do so. The attached test mission I have for a few issues with JTAC works fine in MP with the AFAC and the FAC. The client was able to see the Predator in the comms menu & communicate with him fully for 3 seperate targets. The same test was performed with the ground based FAC successfully.

Can you please provide me with a .trk file so that I may look at this a little closer. It may either be the mission or a comms selection problem. I am not doubting that your mission worked in 1.2.0 as something may well have changed, I'd just like to know what it is.

For anyone having problems with ground based FACs not appearing in their comms menu at all, please read my post #6 in this thread.

AFAC&FAC_test.miz

Post know, but serious problem is in campaign, JTAC here doesnt have a waypoint and isnt easy to add this for all. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Still I think the 1.1.1.1 was the best version of A-10.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

ok I tried to replicate your problem in 1.2.1 this evening and failed to do so. The attached test mission I have for a few issues with JTAC works fine in MP with the AFAC and the FAC. The client was able to see the Predator in the comms menu & communicate with him fully for 3 seperate targets. The same test was performed with the ground based FAC successfully.

Can you please provide me with a .trk file so that I may look at this a little closer. It may either be the mission or a comms selection problem. I am not doubting that your mission worked in 1.2.0 as something may well have changed, I'd just like to know what it is.

For anyone having problems with ground based FACs not appearing in their comms menu at all, please read my post #6 in this thread.

Dear Druid,

you have set the AFAC on 124 and 125 VHF/AM just set them via advanced Waypoint actions to a VHF/FM frequency like 30 than you will see it wouldn't appear in the List......

Your suggestions in Post #6 are only working on ground based AFAC, but for many reasons there are airborne AFAC's neccessary.

For my opinion and experience on duty as member in GAF(German Air force) we haved comunicated with the pilots on VHF/FM anytime cause a portable VHF/AM radio is to big and heavy to transport for infantry or such unarmed vehicles.

Edited by Quax456

I can understand why a FAC (ground unit) communicates with an airborne unit using FM and this is how I set up all of my missions, however in DCS the predator/AFAC is only equiped with onboard VHF and UHF AM relay communications.

So when you put a predator into the mission and contact him you are contacting him through his onboard equipment and not a ground unit via a Rover and FM comms equipment.

I tested the ground FAC using FM and it works fine. Hope that helps.

Alright DRUID,

have made multiple tests.

Starting situation 1: Ran different missions as single player or selfhosting. Every JTAC is working including airborne units on VHF/FM

Starting situation 2: Startet a mission on a standalone server, connected to it with a different rig as client. Working JTACS groundunits on AM & FM.

Airborne JTACS working on AM but not when they are set to FM. These arent appear in the FM Comm menu even with easy comm on or off.

And for shure I have made this tests for hours with some mates which aggree to my conclusion.

Best Regards

Starting situation 2: Startet a mission on a standalone server, connected to it with a different rig as client. Working JTACS groundunits on AM & FM.

Airborne JTACS working on AM but not when they are set to FM. These arent appear in the FM Comm menu even with easy comm on or off.

ok I guess there was some confusion with my previous post.

in DCS the predator/AFAC is only equiped with onboard VHF and UHF AM relay communications.

predator does not have a FM radio so that is why it will not appear in the comms menu when trying to contact him on FM. There are only a few airborne units IRL that can act as an AFAC on an FM radio. Most of the others to my knowledge only have VHF & UHF AM radios.

Aircraft to aircraft communication is either done on VHF AM or UHF AM. Since you are communicating with an AFAC in another aircraft in DCS then do so in AM as per real life. (ED could check to see which aircraft is selected as AFAC in ME and allow appropriate comms depending on equipment but why when the only time I can think of when aircraft would comm with other aircraft on FM is when both AM radios are broken).

To summarise: In mission editor, for ground unit FACs use FM freqs (or AM but unreal imho), for airborne FACs (AFACs) use AM (the only means currently available).

Edited by Druid_

OK, now I have understand what you tried to explain.

But it would have been nice to know that this was changed. FM Radio has worked with any prevoius version of DCS.

That has convused me and most of the community memebers.

Regards

yep thats fair enough. To be honest I didn't know it had changed myself as I never build missions that use FM for air to air comms. I'll mention it and see if it was a deliberate change for the reasons I have stated.

Ok there is a known bug here that is fixed in the testers build. I have already asked for the fix to be pushed forwards into an autoupdate.

The problem lies with the fact that as the JTAC has no waypoints he has in effect reached his last waypoint and all tasks are stopped. I have added a waypoint to each of your JTACs and set a HOLD action at the initial waypoint so they don't in fact move. Therefore he hasn't reached his last WP and the tasks aren't stopped. Fixed miz attached

Can you please push a little bit more?

I always fly "Easy" missions generated by the "Create fast mission"-button, and with labels off and the mentioned JTACs missing it isn't that funny to mess around.

Please guys fix this as soon as possible. :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals