Fog of War

mjeh

Hi!

For some reason, with the newest update, I can't enforce fog of war in the map options of the mission editor. I can check the "Enforce"-box for F10 view options, but all the options are greyed out. Fog of war then doesn't work neither in SP nor MP with my missions.

Any ideas?

F10View.JPG.b45357b18c5b639d892ad1f6d2a8cdcf.JPG

Edited by mjeh
added picture

Well looking through the options-file in the .miz-archive for the mission I found this line:

["optionsView"] = "optview_all",

I suppose this is the setting to change, does anyone know what it would look like if the option was set to Fog of War?

EDIT:

There is also an option, upon closer inspection, like so;

["f10_awacs"] = true,

Changing it to false did nothing, however. At least for multiplayer.

Does anyone have a mission in which they can confirm that Fog of War works _in multiplayer_ with the latest patch?!

Edited by mjeh

:thumbup: SOLUTION :thumbup: I managed to get Fog of War functionality for my mission in multiplayer!

(well more of a workaround, really)

Apparently, just check the "Enforce" box for F-10 view options (even if all the options are indeed greyed out) then save your mission. Whenever you open the mission options screen it will appear as if nothing's changed, but this succeeded in enabling fog of war for me.

Alternatively, open your mission file (the .miz) with your compression utility of choice (winrar worked just fine), then open the file named 'options' within the archive (wordpad worked fine and gave correct layout). Locate the line that looks like so;

["optionsView"] = "optview_all",

change it 'till it looks like so;

["optionsView"] = "optview_allies",

save the file update the archive launch DCSW and off you go :pilotfly:

Interesting.

When I first launch DCSW ME and create a new mission, the F10 options are greyed out (as mentioned). However, if I load an existing mission the F10 options become available. If I then create a new mission without exiting the ME, the F10 options are still available.

Interesting.

When I first launch DCSW ME and create a new mission, the F10 options are greyed out (as mentioned). However, if I load an existing mission the F10 options become available. If I then create a new mission without exiting the ME, the F10 options are still available.

Correct.

Last I checked, you can make this bug go away by changing line 155 of ./MissionEditor/modules/me_misoptions.lua from

Widget.setEnabled(self,b)

to this:

widget.setEnabled(self,b)

Unforunately, I am on a trip right now and do not have access to DCS, so I have no idea if this temporary fix still works.

Edited by Speed
  • Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Correct.

Last I checked, you can make this bug go away by changing line 155 of ./MissionEditor/modules/me_misoptions.lua from

to this:

Unforunately, I am on a trip right now and do not have access to DCS, so I have no idea if this temporary fix still works.

Yep this works ;)

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Correct.

to this:

You are the hero of today Speed! Thanks ;)

(HJ)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow man!

Thanks a lot! Hehe, a simple typoby the creator... :) By the way - I didnt know that lua was sensitive to big/small letters.

Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!