Strange controller profiles since last DCS update

Was just about to takeoff in the Dora but couldn't get it started. All key and other mapping seemed alright but when I digged deeper I noticed a bunch of multiple key assignments that wasn't there before. Tested the P-51 and F-86 and noticed it there as well. Loading my saved profiles didn't seem to work either.

Anyone else with the same problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Was just about to takeoff in the Dora but couldn't get it started. All key and other mapping seemed alright but when I digged deeper I noticed a bunch of multiple key assignments that wasn't there before. Tested the P-51 and F-86 and noticed it there as well. Loading my saved profiles didn't seem to work either.

Anyone else with the same problem?

yes..I just updated to the newest Version..most of my Dora Settings were gone..not a big deal I thought..I went to Options and tried to load my diff.lua file for the Dora..nothing...so I assigned all manualy again:huh:

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

YES I have a Similar but Different Issue.

I have been Saving any changes made to my In-Game Options/Ka-50 settings.

My MAIN save is called "Ka-50 Controller Profile.diff.lua" but then I always save another copy called "Ka-50 Controller Backup Profile.diff.lua".

I save them in a generic folder where I save all my DCS stuff.

Tonight before I closed out DCS World, I re-saved my Main Options Profile but noticed as I saved it, it actually Disappeared ? The same is true for the Backup.

So as an experiment, I saved yet another called "Ka-50 Controller Backup Profile 2x.diff.lua" and searched for it in my Save Folder AND on my Entire Computer ...to No Avail.

What is going on with this thing ?

It's bad enough I had to re-setup a bunch of stuff already today after the update, let alone EVERYTHING had to be completely reinstalled with the previous update. And Now This ?

What is happening to my Profile Saves ?

SnowTiger:joystick:

Are you sure you have write permission to the folder you are trying to save in?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I most certainly do. I am the Admin.

But more importantly is the fact that I have seen them in their designated folder for several days, allowing me to be able to update them several times.

But all of a sudden they are missing as well as a save I did for a Test.

So I really don't know what's going on. It's like Kris Angel or Dynamo came through here today.

I agree Corrigan, but I can assure you, I do have access to ALL of my computer's files and folders (when I turn on View System Files etc).

I have worked on/in and with computers since 1990. It isn't anything to do with my computer skills or experience ... this is truly a case of "I simply do not understand where the profiles went". One minute they are there and the next minute they are gone and I did NOT delete them.

So here's an UPDATE to my dilemma.

While it wasn't an issue to have my Save Names with spaces or as long as I had them (which I don't find to be particularly long) eg: "Ka-50 Controller Profile.diff.lua" .. that is> this file name was saved and used for several days (ie.. accessed, updated/re-saved and loaded from the save location) but then all of a sudden, completely disappeared. Even after doing a complete file search on my PC (even though I know exactly where I saved them AND they were visible in the saved folder via DCS World Options), TODAY I decided to save a New Profile without Spaces in the File Name.

These new saves (in the same save location) saved without issue and are now available for re-loading whenever I want .... at least until the next Update !!!!!

But I am still mind-boggled that the other/previous saves disappeared in the first place !!

I feel like I'm Losing My Mind.

I re-created a couple different Profiles, Saved them, been using them and even made copies of them ... just in case something tries to make them "Disappear" like they did with the last Update.

So today I go to load my Profile for Ka-50 ... and while ALL Copies are where they ought to me, NONE of them have ANY of my HOTAS Settings Saved in them .. eg: they are stock/default settings.

WTF. How many times do I have to keep re-creating Profiles ?

AND

What can I do to maintain their integrity so I don't have to keep going through this ?

Please someone help ... tell me what I am doing wrong or how to correct this so I don't have to go through the whole bloody thing all over again.

PS> The ONLY thing that is different today from yesterday (besides that which I have already just explained) is the fact that I purchased, downloaded and installed (using World) is the Huey Module and it's Training Missions.

I haven't flown anything since installing that.

Just the same, that shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with my already Saved Profiles.

Neither the Original Profiles nor the Copies (saved in another directory/folder) work today.

PS> I am currently running a Repair on DCS World ... hoping that might do something positive !!! ????

EDIT >> The Repair did NOTHING to help me out. Still having the same issue as stated in the post above.

Edited by SnowTiger
Results of Repair

When you save a profile, are you first clicking on (selecting/highlighting) a cell in the column for the controller that you want to save?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi again.

Yes Sir I am so.

In fact, my Save/Open options aren't even available unless I do click on a cell.

And again, while this time my Profiles haven't outright disappeared as they did before. They still exist but are simply useless/default/blankish.

If I actually new how to do it, I would upload/attach my two Ka-50 Profiles here.

The first thing I would try is to delete/rename the Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input folder. That will reset everything to default. Then just make some sort of change to a control profile, save it, clear all controls, and reload the profile.

Thanks again for the advice. I most certainly will try that out.

In the meantime, I'm starting to wonder if I simply Don't Understand how the Options and Saves works ??!!

I am saving Profiles for Each Aircraft/Module ...i.e. one for P-51, one for Ka-50, etc and so on.

Is this the correct way ?

OR

Does the Save Function actually save ALL of the Aircraft Module Profiles in a single save, regardless whether there are any created profiles under certain or all aircraft modules that I have (i.e. I have some such as A-10 A & C and the Free Modules that come with World that I haven't created profiles for). ??

If the latter is the case, then I don't have to create saved profiles for each individual aircraft, but only whenever I make changes to Any then that affects the overall Main Profile Save ??

In which case, I only need to create a single Profile which works for all those I have set up ?

Please Clarify.

Never mind the above advice. Your last question shows where the problem is likely to be.

Neither of the scenarios you describe coincide with the way it really works.

When you save a profile what gets saved is just the profile for the selected aircraft and the selected controller. The controller is specified by the column where you click on a cell. If you have a separate joystick, throttle and rudder pedals column then you need to save three separate profiles, for just that one aircraft.

If there are files already existing in the various controller subdirectories (under the aircraft folders in Saved Games\Config\Input), those files are created automatically by the sim. They should contain the current settings for that aircraft/controller but I do not ever use those as my backups.

I always make my own saved profiles (with clear concise names) so that I know exactly what I have. I also do not save my profiles in the subfolders but instead save them in Saved Games\DCS\Config. That is just personal preference but it helps keep all of my saved profiles together so that I can easily move, or whatever, them as a group.

I hope this makes things a bit more clear.

Edited by cichlidfan

When you save a profile what gets saved is just the profile for the selected aircraft and the selected controller. The controller is specified by the column where you click on a cell. If you have a separate joystick, throttle and rudder pedals column then you need to save three separate profiles, for just that one aircraft.

@SnowTiger: This is what I was getting at in the other thread. Hope it helps solve your issue.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I hope this makes things a bit more clear.

WOW ... that IS completely different than anything I would have EVER thought of.

This absolutely is why I was having so many problems.

But NOW I get it. Now I know exactly how I need to do this.

I am VERY grateful for this concise description.

I'm curious, is there somewhere in the Manual(s) that explains this ? Because I don't recall seeing anything described even remotely as clear as this ?

Thanks again Very VERY much.

Thanks to you too "Tone71".

Sorry ... I didn't see your reply until now. But I can see it too is just as clear and concise.

It blows my mind that the Profile Saves are as complicated. But I'm sure there is a reason.

Thanks again to "Tone71" and "cichlidfan".

I'm curious, is there somewhere in the Manual(s) that explains this ? Because I don't recall seeing anything described even remotely as clear as this ?

I haven't given the manual a good read in years but, AFAIK, no.

Thanks again.

I have been looking through the GUI manual "again" and still can't find anything of the sort.

In fact, there is nothing that would indicate the intricacy of saving each profile and I would think there really should be.

None the less, it's now written in the Forums where hopefully, others will be able to find it if needed.

In fact, I think it would be smart for ED to consider having a Sticky Note/Post precisely quoting your reply/solution/instructions.

Thanks again friend.

OOPS>.. Quick Edit

I did however come across one small part that says the following:

"Note: The loading and saving functions are specific to the device and not global for the profile"

But that doesn't describe HOW you go about achieving the required saves for each device and for aircraft.