Bear Trap Mission 6 help

DocP

Survived through the first 5 missions of this campaign but am stuck at mission 6. Seems that no matter what I do the SEAD 3 group doesn't release from their orbit waypoints until it's too late to help the strike package - everyone gets shredded by the SA'a around Mozdok. Other than editing the mission does anyone know what the trick is to winning this?

Thanks to all - this is a lot of fun.

When I played that mission a long while ago, it was bloody impossible. The missions were supposedly retuned in one of the DCS patches to make them actually "win-able" but I haven't played the F-15 campaign since the retuning.

Anyways, are you manually "pushing" the strike package with the F10 key? That should release them from their orbits.

Thanks for the reply - I'm all patched up to the current level so I'm assuming I have the 'tuned' missions in the campaign. I do manually push them from orbit (I've done it a number of times from different locations WP3, WP4 etc.) and still no joy. Weird thing is that even after I push them using the radio comm option F10 that option doesn't disappear from the menu list - it did in mission 5. I'm relatively new to this so I'm not ruling out pilot error but ...

The F10 option not being removed is probably a little bug. When you issue the "push" command, are you getting confirmation from the different air groups that they are indeed pushing? For example, "Uzi 1 pushing from waypoint 3". Sometimes, there is a bit of a delay until the group reaches their next waypoint.

I'll have to play it again to know for sure - but I don't think I've received confirmation that the elements have pushed. Going to take another look at the mission with the ME to see what might be wrong with me/it.

Thanks again,

DocP

For what it's worth I took a look at the details of this mission with the ME. One of the 'push triggers' was 'if any of the blue coalition is in any of the CAP zones then set the push flag'. At mission start the B52 was in one of the CAP zones. I changed the trigger to not include those zones and viola - still difficult but now it is playable.

Yes, works as you described. Radio F10 option appears at the 'correct' time, packages all wait for my command to push, affirm the push command, and the radio F10 option disappears. Now if I can just learn how to fly and survive the hostile environment :)

• 5 months later...

How did you guys pass the airfield defense mission (Mission 5?)? There are so many bandits and hard to handle. And many of them are using ECM, which screws up BVR combat. The bomber has tough armour and take two missiles to splash.

• 6 months later...

f15c campaign glitchm strike package wont strike

hello, im having a problem with the f15c campaign in dcs world, its during the mission where you perform a runway strike against mozdok airfield, after getting the message that the strike package is ready, after pressing f10 for other and f1 for commence strike nothing happens, no matter at what point in the mission, i thought i was doing something wrong, but i went through the whole mission with unlimeted fuel ammo and invincibility, to take all the missle strikes from the sam sights and kill all the enemy planes so my strike package would be co,mpletely intact, they fly right over mozdok from the way points and i cant get them to perform the strike package, i even tried to do the runway strike with my f15, but got annoyed after a half hour of trying to destroy all the planes with the machine gun

hello, im having a problem with the f15c campaign in dcs world, its during the mission where you perform a runway strike against mozdok airfield, after getting the message that the strike package is ready, after pressing f10 for other and f1 for commence strike nothing happens, no matter at what point in the mission, i thought i was doing something wrong, but i went through the whole mission with unlimeted fuel ammo and invincibility, to take all the missle strikes from the sam sights and kill all the enemy planes so my strike package would be co,mpletely intact, they fly right over mozdok from the way points and i cant get them to perform the strike package, i even tried to do the runway strike with my f15, but got annoyed after a half hour of trying to destroy all the planes with the machine gun

Having a look in the mission you mention, mission 6 I believe.

FLAWS

• Timings and trigger logic
  • I also think that the enemy fight CAP groups detect and engage fighters outside of their assigned target radius.
  • Strike and sead packages are engaged by enemy fighters even before you can take off from the runway.
  • The sead packages and strike packages will dump all of their missiles and bombs if engaged by enemy planes and or Sam sites, so even if they survive they have no armament to finish the mission , ie bombs to bomb the runway to finish mission.

Changed Mission

• No strike or Sead packages sent up until Player is on station at Fence in at Wp3 (Gives you a little time to take out Enemy Response team)
  • Player stays on station until SEAD and STRIKE meet up at WP3
  • Once all flights in area near WP3, send radio command
  • Do mission as advertized, Strike package will bomb runway so long everything is dead around airfield and they have not been attacked.

Attached is edited mission.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Updated Mission to Full working version for release

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.