Viewport name for the Radar for 2nd screen

sobe

I am trying to get the radar scope to appear on a second screen, but have been unable to do so. Does anyone know the name the radar viewport should be called in the monitor setup so as to cause the radar scope to appear on a second monitor? I have tried radar and Mfd to no avail. Has anyone developed a Helios profile for the Mig 21?

Thanks

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

You can look for calls of the function try_find_assigned_viewport in the lua files to have an idea of the default view port names

For example, in file DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Cockpit\RADAR\Indicator\init.lua you'll find:

try_find_assigned_viewport("RP22","RIGHT_MFCD")

Which means that the game will try to use viewport named RP22 and if it doesn't find it, it will use RIGHT_MFCD by default.

So, you can use RIGHT_MFCD or create a view port description named RP22 that will be used instead (create it in you monitor configuration lua file).

----------------------

EDIT: here is a good way to use this feature: For example at the end of DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua there is the following text:

update_screenspace_diplacement(2/3,is_left,zoom_value)
dedicated_viewport_arcade = dedicated_viewport

Change it with the following:

update_screenspace_diplacement(2/3,is_left,zoom_value)
try_find_assigned_viewport("KNEEBOARD_MiG21","KNEEBOARD")
dedicated_viewport_arcade = dedicated_viewport

This allows you to use a specific viewport for the MiG-21 kneeboard.

Edited by PiedDroit

Viewport name for the Radar for 2nd screen

Uboats

Thanks for the suggestion, but nothing ever seems to be easy with DCS. When I edited my lua monitor file, it no longer appeared on the list of monitor configs in the game. Why I don't know as I edited it with notepad ++. Perhaps you can look at my lua file and explain why it doesn't appear.

However, I used one of the per-configured monitor files and now the radar scope takes up my entire second monitor. OK for now.

Thanks for your help

Mig21.lua

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Uboats

Thanks for the suggestion, but nothing ever seems to be easy with DCS. When I edited my lua monitor file, it no longer appeared on the list of monitor configs in the game. Why I don't know as I edited it with notepad ++. Perhaps you can look at my lua file and explain why it doesn't appear.

However, I used one of the per-configured monitor files and now the radar scope takes up my entire second monitor. OK for now.

Thanks for your help

Attached is mine custommonitor

put it to DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Uboats

Thanks for your help

Fixed:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Mig_21');
Description = 'Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

--TOTAL DEL VIEWPORT
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.818181818181;
}
}

GUI =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 2000;
y = 0;
width = 561;
height = 475;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

P.S: it wasn't appearing because of misplaced comments leading to parsing errors

Edited by PiedDroit

Thanks to Uboat and PiedDroit

UBoat-Thanks for sending my your monitor file

Piedmont-Thanks for correcting my lua file (I made some silly mistakes) and especially a thank you for explaining to me how you find the names of the viewports. I know have the kneeboard and the radar on my second screen. Some day when I understand Helios, I may try to make a Mig 21 panel like Capt Zeen did for the SU-25T.

• 8 months later...

Hi :D

Followed this thread (thanks for the info!) to set up my second monitor to show the radar scope + kneeboard.

Would really like to also show NPP/KPP/Altimeter/ASI but I can't work out how to make them viewports.

Anybody able to enlighten me if/how this is achieved?

I really need to learn to set something like this up, I have a second screen doing nothing.

I wonder, has anyone had any experience with one of those super wide monitors? I'm curious how they would be in a sim.

I was planning on getting one of those Asus Rog gsync monitors sometime in the near future and I think they're making a super wide one right now too.

I really need to learn to set something like this up, I have a second screen doing nothing.

I wonder, has anyone had any experience with one of those super wide monitors? I'm curious how they would be in a sim.

I was planning on getting one of those Asus Rog gsync monitors sometime in the near future and I think they're making a super wide one right now too.

Couldn't say about the monitor... but highly recommend the viewports especially for the A-10C.

• 1 year later...