A 10c Rudder Pedals

Menessis

Ever since my vintage CH Pro pedals packed it in I have been using a set of torque pedals I built years ago. Upgraded them from a pot to hall sensor and a paint job. Work fine.

TorquePedals_01_zpsd7abc651.jpgTorquePedals_01_zpsd7abc651.jpgTorquePedals_01_zpsd7abc651.jpg

But they are not the greatest for flying a HOG!

So I want to build a set of HOG pedals. C/W dampers and cam.

First thing I need to find out are the dimensions for the original hardware. I would like to make a casting of the pedals. As well I would like to have the movement match the original air craft.

I did find some pics here but without some measurements not that useful.

Does anyone know where I can find this information?

Thanks

Menessis

Edited by Menessis

I think theses were the pictures with out measurements he said are not useful. I do apologize I don't have time at the moment to take apart the rudder pedals and measure them. I am not will to take them apart for moldings . I do have an extra left complete pedal assembly I am willing to sell PM me if your interested.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if this could be of interest to you, but Im in the designer face of making some 3D printet A-10C Replica Rudder Pedal plates.

Intended for mounting on my fiends existing rudder pedals, and for the custom made A-10 Replica Pedals, im making for myself.

But if you are interested, let me know and ill post some Pictures when i get them going.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

I am working out the design from alot of Pictures, measuring the distances compared to what dimensions i know.

Im aware that it wont be 100% accurate dimensions.... but it will be close, maybe 95%.

I have been searching alot for dimensions or anything about them, but havent got luck with anything.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

You lost me there you say you are measuring from distances you know but then say you don't have any dimensions. What do you have and what do you need?

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Well... i have used the known dimension from the cockpit Width and the Width og the pedestal. From that plus some room to move i have worked out that its around 130mm wide and high... maybe a Little higher.

The depth, i cant say for sure, that is a estimate... but if you can help me with more exact dimension of that, it would be great.

I have made the first 3D drawing, its not totally finished, since i need the logo, but you can see it here.

pedal1.jpg

pedal1a.jpg

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

You lost me there you say you are measuring from distances you know but then say you don't have any dimensions. What do you have and what do you need?

What's to be lost about? Its called estimation. When you have a picture with several known dimensions (width between consoles, known dzus height, anything) you can use measurement tools of the graphical editor and some quick math to estimate the missing data. Very close, but not to mm. hence he is saying 95% .

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Had a few minutes this morning soi I went out to the garage. I have a picture folder for you just pm me you email you really need to examining your scaling technique and source measurements your at about 78% scale at the moment.

Gata run a 10 hour day a head

Hum it did not seam to be the case I asked to be on the same page. That particular type of scaling has cause more problem than good IMHO but to each his own. He is closer to a 80% so there ya go.

What's to be lost about? Its called estimation. When you have a picture with several known dimensions (width between consoles, known dzus height, anything) you can use measurement tools of the graphical editor and some quick math to estimate the missing data. Very close, but not to mm. hence he is saying 95% .
  • Like 1

On public forums It happens from time to time to get responses without specifically asking for them.

It is hard to argue that having exact dims is ideal. But when this data is unavailable there are only 2 possibilities. One of them is do nothing and cancel the project, the other is estimate and adapt. Off by 0.78 is better then off by 0.60 and worlds better then nothing.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

If you have a set of real pedals then why don't you tell everyone the basic dimensions instead of being so secretive ?

Or is it because you want $$$ for the information ?

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

If you have a set of real pedals then why don't you tell everyone the basic dimensions instead of being so secretive ?

Or is it because you want $$$ for the information ?

It's who he is. You'll get used to it after a couple of years. ;)

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Its nice when it's being provided, but there is nothing wrong with asking compensation for info one has (And as you know quite a few firms are closely guarding their trade secrets from competition. ). whether cost is justified for that particular piece of info is matter of personal opinion.

It is also a good thing to have a rivet counting neat-picks on forum. Yes DM's uncompromising stance can and does rub some people the wrong way - I had my share of beef with him (DM, so was it 6mm or 3mm that my LDG panel is off? ) As annoying as they may be at a times, to those who are thick skinned neat-picks still are quite useful.

And I don't see what's to be gained from you getting banned. Insults are even less constructive.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

First Prototype just taken out of the printer.

No logo yet, that will come in the next version.

Size is 130mm wide and 130mm long, 15mm hight at lowest point, and 30mm high on highest point.

The final version will off course be printet in Gray Metal Plastic, and then with the possibility of being painted further.

Let me know what you Guys think.

pedal_prototype1.jpgpedal_prototype2.jpgpedal_prototype3.jpgpedal_prototype.jpg

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

• 5 weeks later...