Any recent English Cockpit mods

Shadow_1stVFW

Are there any good English cockpit mods around for the Mirage? I used to use "gospadin's" english cockpit mod, but after an update in June his version 0.87 was rendered obsolete due to some changes in the texture files.

Ever since then I haven't been able to find one. Anyone know where I might find one?

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I'm sure Gospadin will update it. You should wait for it, maybe a few days.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I know he said he was working on it back in July, just haven't heard anything from him since, either in PM or his threads.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I remember reading before buying the Mirage a post from one of the Razbam developers that the plane will have an English version, I was initially not going to buy it because I'm really really bad with French even though it's a beautiful plane but after I read that I was motivated to buy it.

Unfortunately I can't find this post now and I'm thinking I might have imagined the whole thing :cry:.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Ok, i've made small patch to 'gospadin EN cockpit', and now it works properly with 1.5.4.

In copyright matter i did not used any of file modified by gospadin, it is just based on his translation.

To use those corrected texture you have to have gospadin cockpit installed and simply replace file named 'M2KC_L2.dds'.

Download link: HERE

Screenshot by Shadow_1stVFW:

7268e7f25073b58758a22e2bf5b8e11d.jpg

• Like 2

I remember reading before buying the Mirage a post from one of the Razbam developers that the plane will have an English version, I was initially not going to buy it because I'm really really bad with French even though it's a beautiful plane but after I read that I was motivated to buy it.

Unfortunately I can't find this post now and I'm thinking I might have imagined the whole thing :cry:.

I don`t speak any French or Russian , doesn't stop me from playing M2000C or MiG21

just try to remember which button does what (like you should anyway) and you also have the tool tip that tells you what the button is in English when you hover the mouse.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don`t speak any French or Russian , doesn't stop me from playing M2000C or MiG21

just try to remember which button does what (like you should anyway) and you also have the tool tip that tells you what the button is in English when you hover the mouse.

That's possible, I just don't like doing it that way, I'd rather read it. I don't know, just a mental block I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using Tapatalk

I'm sure Gospadin will update it. You should wait for it, maybe a few days.

Unfortunately I've been saying "a few days" for a few months now.

I got kind of tired of chasing RAZBAM's illumination changes with their evolving model. Had everything except the L2 file ready to go, but never finished it. If folks can get by with the one posted above for a bit great, as i'm traveling this week, and maybe I can get to finish it out by next weekend, if RAZBAM hasn't released their own english cockpit by then.

--gos

Oh OK, I see.

And I know what you mean about endless changins and updates on cockpit textures.

Pain in the azz.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Unfortunately I've been saying "a few days" for a few months now.

I got kind of tired of chasing RAZBAM's illumination changes with their evolving model. Had everything except the L2 file ready to go, but never finished it. If folks can get by with the one posted above for a bit great, as i'm traveling this week, and maybe I can get to finish it out by next weekend, if RAZBAM hasn't released their own english cockpit by then.

--gos

Oh OK, I see.

And I know what you mean about endless changins and updates on cockpit textures.

Pain in the azz.

Just for the record, I really appreciate the work you guys do making these modded cockpits. They really make the experience with the aircraft more enjoyable, for me at least. I can say there are a few aircraft in my hangar that I wouldn't fly if it weren't for your cockpits. So Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

For those who don't check the liveries forum, I just pushed version 0.90 to ED's file server. It is compatible with 1.5.4 / 2.0.3 and has a few other fixes as well.

It's linked from the first post of the thread in my sig.

--gos

• 4 months later...

Got the Spit IX for my birthday and the Mirage for Christmas.

Got the Spit down fairly well, now setting up the Mirage.

My wife took French in high school.

Looks like I'll be in her debt again >>> dinner out somewhere nice...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got this from Gospadin's signature (have not tried it yet)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158050

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

one complaint :):

The Rho and Theta symbols appear to be missing on the HSI (version 0.88 )

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

one complaint :):

The Rho and Theta symbols appear to be missing on the HSI (version 0.88 )

Okay, found the texture you're talking about.

Will fix it in the next day or two, along with integrating some base layer updates from RAZBAM.

--gos

Edited by gospadin

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, found the texture you're talking about.

Will fix it in the next day or two, along with integrating some base layer updates from RAZBAM.

--gos

I was thinking of buying the Mirage and I looked for an English cockpit first!:thumbup:

Just to let you know you do important work for DCS!:D

Regards

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky