Gospadin's Nav Kneeboard

gospadin

Post was previously in the 1.x forum which has been set read-only, so reposting here.

Old Link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2544872&postcount=1

Just wanted to share with everyone the navigation kneeboard I made for DCS.

It's intended to compress as much critical navigation information as possible into 2/3 pages, with consistent information positioning and light color coding, to help getting the information you need at a glance.

It contains data for the A-10C, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, L-39C, F-86F, MiG-21bis, and MiG-15bis, including important inner/outer NDB, VOR, RSBN, PRMG, ILS, and TACAN beacons, along with runway data and secondary/weather-triggered beacon qualifiers. It also separately identifies ED's RSBN/PRMG from Leatherneck's version.

If anyone has suggestions, feedback, or notices issues, I'm definitely interested.

The file (in PDF format plus pre-generated .png files) is located here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1523987/

and I recommend using the Kneeboard Builder application (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341) to install it.

thanks!

--gos

• v0.51: fixed the runway number for Creech AFB

Edited by gospadin
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Attached is a temporary version of the Nevada page to match the 2.0.4 NTTR release.

It adds VORTAC radial information from airnav, and fixes a few bits of runway information.

Note that with the frequency changes, no airplane defaults to usable frequencies in NTTR so I've zero'd them out. When the module creators update their defaults, I'll update the channel IDs.

--gos

Nevada_v3.pdf

Perfect. Thank you.

Just one (maybe stupid) question: Is VORTAC as similar as TACAN?

Small example: Can I enter 94X as TACAN frequency to find my direction to Beatty Airport?

Edit:

Found it out myself :) VORTAC = VOR + TACAN so it must be possible to use 94X as TACAN to find direction to Beatty Airport

Edited by CHSubZero

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Perfect. Thank you.

Just one (maybe stupid) question: Is VORTAC as similar as TACAN?

Small example: Can I enter 94X as TACAN frequency to find my direction to Beatty Airport?

Edit:

Found it out myself :) VORTAC = VOR + TACAN so it must be possible to use 94X as TACAN to find direction to Beatty Airport

VORTAC is a co-located VOR + TACAN station, for both civilian and military usage.

The DME for both systems is the same.

As such, both civilian and military planes can navigate from VORTACs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Thank you for this mod its brilliant, can you please update Nevada? Thanks again!

So I just updated 2.0.5 on my laptop (currently traveling) and it seems like the channel to frequency pairings are setup differently in the latest NTTR update.

Since I don't have any modules installed on this machine (nor space to do so), I'll need to investigate when I get home and I have access to my main dev system.

I'll get it fixed shorty though.

--gos

So on my main PC now, and can't find any changes that would affect my mod.

If someone has a bug or problem with the Nevada_v3 page I posted here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2957802&postcount=5

please let me know.

--gos

• 4 months later...

Hi noticed that Creech has runway 13 and not 12 as in your chart. Typo or was this changed in the last NTTR update?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Hi noticed that Creech has runway 13 and not 12 as in your chart. Typo or was this changed in the last NTTR update?

Thanks for the heads up, will take a look.

Edit: looks like a typo in the runway name next to the ILS identifier. Will fix shortly.

Edited by gospadin

Posted version 0.51 which fixes the Creech runway identifier

Wow, didn't want to rush you. But thanks!

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

• 8 months later...
Really a great job!

Is it possible to insert the LAT/LON position of the airports?

Gos is no longer with us (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203017)

I'm sure someone will take over his project and keep adding to it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD