A-10C Georgian hammer campaign issues

scotth6

Tried several other missions (campaign, training, instant action) and the problem persists. Full stick deflection barely moves the elevator in either direction.

No calibration issues, axis is assigned properly, no conflicts, no other controllers added, no force feedback devices, saturations set at default, tried various pitch curves, test window shows normal operation, Ctrl-Enter shows normal movement in the game, frame rates are fine, the problem occurs regardless of airspeed or weight or altitude, and the ailerons work normally.

The elevator simply doesn't move more than a couple of degrees even with full stick deflection even though every test window and indication shows that it's working normally. If the tests show it working properly, why in the world does the elevator not move?!

Very frustrating.

And on top of that, I noticed that some of the training missions are now missing such as the freefall bomb mission and the air refueling mission.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the whole game has turned into a glitch fest. It's very aggravating to have a wingman that doesn't do anything other than follow me around. I've started putting him on a track to get shot down so I don't have to listen to his incessant target calls while ignoring my commands. The ATC doesn't respond either. Getting tired of spending my time and money on this.

If you don't do this already.

First: don't use easy comms. This mode doesn't work reliably.

Second: turn on and tune your radios to the correct frequencies.

Third: select the correct radio, when transmitting

ATC is stupid but does answer calls for startup, taxi, takeoff, landing etc.

To have the wingman do something useful, I mark the targets for him with the TGP and then give an explicit attack order (like engage enemy armor at my SPI with missiles from default). Most of the time the wingman destroys the target then (if he has some mavs left, of course).

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

My pitch control seems to be working better now but not consistently. The attached track shows what I'm talking about. All stick movements in the track are full deflection. EAC and SAS are engaged.

Can't figure out why the sim only shows partial deflection with Ctrl-Enter, but then when I check the axis tuning it shows full deflection.

Does anyone know where I can find the actual unguided bombs tutorial that is now missing from the Training missions since the last update? I've tried CCIP manual release bombing many times and can't seem to get the reticle/pipper to show up no matter what my dive angle is. It just always stays dashed below the HUD. Sometimes it shows up if I'm very low and at a shallow angle, but shouldn't I be able to be at a higher altitude and see the pipper if I push the nose down far enough?

What noob thing am I missing with CCIP?

Elevator movement.trk

My pitch control seems to be working better now but not consistently. The attached track shows what I'm talking about. All stick movements in the track are full deflection. EAC and SAS are engaged.

Can't figure out why the sim only shows partial deflection with Ctrl-Enter, but then when I check the axis tuning it shows full deflection.

Does anyone know where I can find the actual unguided bombs tutorial that is now missing from the Training missions since the last update? I've tried CCIP manual release bombing many times and can't seem to get the reticle/pipper to show up no matter what my dive angle is. It just always stays dashed below the HUD. Sometimes it shows up if I'm very low and at a shallow angle, but shouldn't I be able to be at a higher altitude and see the pipper if I push the nose down far enough?

Not sure if the track played correctly, but the only thing I notice was the aircraft stalled, your throttle where at idle. Then when your speed/alt warning came on, you lower your gear, Why?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Speed is also important, especially with high drag bombs. For Mk82's I like to be 8000ft up, going at least 200-250 knots before starting dive. Get within 2.5-3 miles of target and start pushing down into dive. You'll see pipper give you a solution around 25-30deg/300knots.

Raising your POV helps you see pipper a little sooner too.( rc+rs+num8 )

Edited by cthulhu68

Does anyone know where I can find the actual unguided bombs

https://www.google.com/#q=A-10C+CCIP+tutorial+site:youtube.com

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 3 weeks later...

Point your nose down, Porter, and all should be well.

Use the master mode button (M on the keyboard I believe, or the button on the right side of the stick) to confirm you are indeed in CCIP.

Keep in mind some ordnance (GBU 31/38, CBU 103/105 for example) is restricted to a CCRP delivery.

You'll need to be in a pretty steep dive (45 degrees or so) before the pipper becomes visible.