PLACING BX WPT FOR RB15

PVI_Eagle

Please help/show me this procedure:

"- When placing Bx-waypoints for Rb15 (Bx6-Bx9) in the Mission Editor it will sometimes not load unless you make a fix on the Bx8 waypoint (select it then T1-TV). "

- how to place bx wpts in ME ?????

Thanx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To do by radar fix for Rb-15 deployment-

press BX

press a number on the numpad ( 8 )

press T1 fix

slew cursor onto radar contact

press TV Fix to set it

Do the same procedure for BX7 but put it a (little) away from the target along the path you want to engage from

hope that works out for you :)

To do by radar fix for Rb-15 deployment-

press BX

press a number on the numpad ( 8 )

press T1 fix

slew cursor onto radar contact

press TV Fix to set it

Do the same procedure for BX7 but put it a (little) away from the target along the path you want to engage from

hope that works out for you :)

Could you please help me out and tell what mode the Data panel Selector is it in when you enter BX waypoints? and what mode the mode selector is in? I would highly appreciate it

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

When you place Bx8 does bx8 get displayed in the destination screen? Every time I try and place Bx8 over thr target, the display still reads M1 and the distance and bearing to M1 changes to shwo the distance and bearing to target. It seems that I am. It oacing bx8 but rather just fixing M1.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Any tactics for rb15? I can see only bx8 usefull, rest is idk for what. Flanking ship is useless, it's radar can see middle anyway

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD

Could you please help me out and tell what mode the Data panel Selector is it in when you enter BX waypoints? and what mode the mode selector is in? I would highly appreciate it

When you place Bx8 does bx8 get displayed in the destination screen? Every time I try and place Bx8 over thr target, the display still reads M1 and the distance and bearing to M1 changes to shwo the distance and bearing to target. It seems that I am. It oacing bx8 but rather just fixing M1.

Mode selector->ANF or NAV

Data panel selector->AKT POS OUT

Select BX8 by BX button on the waypoint panel, then 8 on the CK37 keypad, then make your fix. The destination indicator will display Bx<#> for markpoints.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

While I can success fully place Bx points for these missiles they are VERY hit and miss (literally). Sometimes I have no issues and they release as intended and track to target (actually, that has happened once). Other times, if I follow the exact same procedure they will not track to the target ships at all. Other times I get the altitude warning light (in ANF) and the weapons wont even release. Is anyone else having this issue? I almost think its a bug with how variably the weapon behaves...

Edit: After watching John's video it turns out (of course) that it was user error and I had not reselected my Bx8 WP after setting the Bx7. good video for anybody else that's frustrated:

Edited by 9 Ball
User error

I can perfectly manage to place Bx8 and Bx7, but after launce the RB15f tracks fine towards Bx7, but then turns 90° from the course the missile had towards Bx7 instead of heading towards Bx8.

I tried with both STD setting and 800002 in VALB.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

HI Gents, over the weekend I managed to get the missile following WP I had set in flight perfectly. Then this week, for 2 evenings the missiles would not behave. So after a few hours of constantly fiddling with the missiles, I have noticed an issue.

If you select ATTACK on the weapon dial first, before setting maser mode to ANF. The missiles will not follow the waypoints, and in my experience will just nose dive into the groun.

So, don't follow the RB15F checklist. Set the master mode to ANF first, then weapon to ATTACK. Then set up your BX points - and it has seemed to work every time.

There is an issue with the check list or the aircraft - I'm not qualified to say which.

So, don't follow the RB15F checklist. Set the master mode to ANF first, then weapon to ATTACK. Then set up your BX points - and it has seemed to work every time.

Known bug.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

While I can success fully place Bx points for these missiles they are VERY hit and miss (literally). Sometimes I have no issues and they release as intended and track to target (actually, that has happened once). Other times, if I follow the exact same procedure they will not track to the target ships at all. Other times I get the altitude warning light (in ANF) and the weapons wont even release. Is anyone else having this issue? I almost think its a bug with how variably the weapon behaves...

Edit: After watching John's video it turns out (of course) that it was user error and I had not reselected my Bx8 WP after setting the Bx7. good video for anybody else that's frustrated:

I've got this same issue.

• 1 month later...
Known bug.

Is this why the red light wont go out when I sometimes attempt to strike ships with the 15?

Sometimes it works fine - others not. Im using the steps outlined in Chucks AJS37 manual for 15 launch.

EDIT: Actually, I think this has something to do with speeding up time - I think if I speed up the time, I will never get launch authorization...

TJ

Edited by Tj1376

RB15

Thank heavens someone else is having the same problem as me!! I thought I was doing everything correctly but, as you say, sometimes all seems well & then on comes the red light so no release. Other times the missiles release & fly OK & then just as the ships come into sight they make a sharp right turn & then self destruct. Other times they release & hit the same target. I tried setting the waypoints on the ME but no use. I find it very frustrating as the 04s work perfectly using the same setup. I will try your suggestions & see how I go. And, before you ask, I have watched XXJohnsXX videos (& made notes) carefully read Chucks tutorial & had a good read of the official manual. They all make it look so easy that I begin to doubt myself!! What little thing am I doing wrong? Oh well - keep trying! ChrisJD

I am glad too that there are more folks with problems... :huh:

I played Johns misson and all was fine. Then i build my own mission and spent hours trying to get this thing working. it is no fun. setting Target and Bx-waypoints is not the problem, but there must be somthing wrong mith the master modes ANF and ATTACK weaponselector.

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

With the latest 1.5.6 update the issue with the RB-15F turning 90° appr. 8nm from the target still persist, though the changelog staes that it has been fixed - or maybe another issue than this has been fixed.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• 3 years later...

it appears there is a bug with creating Bx fixes during flight. something (only sometimes!) triggers a problem with Bx6 and Bx7 being unable to move - cursor moves in unexpected directions, fix does happen only half-way (original position appears after fix taking, previously new position appears during second fix taking, then again jumps back to the original). the reason why launch is inhibited may be because of this (excessive angles in missile route?).

restarting mission doesnt help, only restarting the game corrects this. fascinating :joystick:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580