Please bring back Georgian Hammer!

GazAce

Hey good Pilots,

I would love to see Georgian Hammer campaign Pt 2. Yea I know it's kinda old school now and what with the shiny new NTTR and the whole WWII thing keeping everyone at ED pretty time poor, they prob couldn't be bothered. That was my first campaign in the A-10C and after completing the ground breaking Enemy Within and Stone Shield and just last evening finished Piercing Fury and btw hats off to Ranger79 and all who helped in creating that epic campaign, was truly fantastic and I really can't decide between them which was the best, they're all excellent, incredible in fact, but something keeps drawing me back to GH. I totally inhaled this campaign, man I loved it and especially the scenery around Batumi, flying in off the ocean and those little towns and cities and some may disagree but personally graphics wise I reckon it's top shelf, just magic and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere ( maybe in Mudspike ) the scenery got a bit of a upgrade recently or I might be wrong. Anyway I'm hoping they patch the campaign with CA missions up to stop those annoying crash to Win but even better would be a new 25 mission or so installment of GH pt 2, now that'd be quite awesome. Wishful thinking I guess. Oh well, that's my 50c worth. Cheers, peace out.

:)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Is it the "repaired" version from ED home page User files that gives you the headache?

Hey Raze. It's GH with CA campaign that keeps crashing to Win after launch and out of 30 odd missions there's only about 4 or 5 that actually do start. I threw up a post about it a little while ago. I tried adding that patch but I'm pretty sure that was for other errors anyway and I'm not entirely sure if that patch can incl GH with CA as it only said GH. Well, not sure if that makes any difference but they still crashing anyway. I emailed support at ED and a helpful fella there said he did after a few attempts replicate the fault and that they will look into it when they have time.

Thanks for reply man

thumbup.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Which method did you try from the two? Replacement or separate campaign folder?

--------------

Installing the replacement Updates

----------------------------------

- Copy the "Mods" directory from the Downloaded ZIP file into your "..\DCS World" directory and overwrite all files.

- Run DCS Campaign from DCS as usual

or

Installing as a seperate USER Campaign mod

------------------------------------------

- Make a new folder "A-10c - Georgian Hammer" for the campaign in: c:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\Dcs\Missions\Campaigns\EN\

- Copy all the files from the "Campaigns" folder from the archive to: c:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\Dcs\Missions\Campaigns\EN\A-10c - Georgian Hammer

- Run DCS the Campaign from the USER campaigns TAB.

--------------

Which method did you try from the two? Replacement or separate campaign folder?

--------------

Installing the replacement Updates

----------------------------------

- Copy the "Mods" directory from the Downloaded ZIP file into your "..\DCS World" directory and overwrite all files.

- Run DCS Campaign from DCS as usual

or

Installing as a seperate USER Campaign mod

------------------------------------------

- Make a new folder "A-10c - Georgian Hammer" for the campaign in: c:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\Dcs\Missions\Campaigns\EN\

- Copy all the files from the "Campaigns" folder from the archive to: c:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\Dcs\Missions\Campaigns\EN\A-10c - Georgian Hammer

- Run DCS the Campaign from the USER campaigns TAB.

--------------

Appreciate that Raze but isn't there a diff between the two, in the "user files" I only see Georgian Hammer patch available but no GH with CA. Does the patch provide a fix for the both? And the Georgian Hammer campaign on its own works perfectly for me, no crashes.

Ok, let me explain better. eg: CA-Push-14-2 crashes to Windows on launch (and nearly all of CA missions do the same, Push 14-2 and all of Push launch perfectly and I completed with no dramas and I just now installed added that patch and still the same result. Nothing more I can say man. I just hope ED can be bothered in doing something abut it.

Edited by GazAce
update..

Appreciate that Raze but isn't there a diff between the two, in the "user files" I only see Georgian Hammer patch available but no GH with CA. Does the patch provide a fix for the both?

The patch is only for Georgian hammer only which requires the player to control ground troops with Radio Commands when flying.

There has been absolutely no work done on Georgian Hammer with combined arms to control ground troops.

The Georgian Hammer campaign on its own works perfectly for me, no crashes.

Good to know it is still working with the testing and fixing I did on that.

CA-Push-14-2 crashes to Windows on launch (and nearly all of CA missions do the same.

I just hope ED can be bothered in doing something about it.

Have done no work on GH with CA myself and don't intend to as GH alone took ages, that campaign is massive, but if it is crashing on running, I am sure ED would want to fix it.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks kindly Ian and great work on GH btw. And re:patch yea I thought as much. And I'm sure hoping ED does bother with it because I really enjoyed that campaign.

Cheers mate and thx for chiming in.

Gary

Thanks kindly Ian and great work on GH btw. And re:patch yea I thought as much. And I'm sure hoping ED does bother with it because I really enjoyed that campaign.

Cheers mate and thx for chiming in.

Gary

Had a quick look at GH with CA, the released version of campaign (Tested CA-push-14-2.miz and few other) crashes my DCS also, but my copied versions from earlier last year seem to work ok to the point you actually get into the A-10c cockpit and mission is running, so I have attached my versions for your testing.

PS.

Have found and corrected one issue in all missions that I think was causing the crash to desktop, the farps had no names or frequencies assigned to them, and it was logging an error of not creating the heliports (FARP).

There are other errors logged also, but missions seem to run now with no crash.

Here is the edit second edition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6kzsjpygspp4kh/DCSW%20-%20A-10c%20Campaign%20-%20Georgian%20Hammer%20with%20CA%20%28Patch%20To%20Game%29%20%28v1.57x%29.zip?dl=0

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
More fixing of Campaign

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Had a quick look at GH with CA, the released version of campaign (Tested CA-push-14-2.miz and few other) crashes my DCS also, but my copied versions from earlier last year seem to work ok to the point you actually get into the A-10c cockpit and mission is running, so I have attached my versions for your testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fn2srmpx5txw6y/DCSW%20-%20A-10c%20Campaign%20-%20Georgian%20Hammer%20with%20CA%20%28Patch%20To%20Game%29%20%28v1.5x%29.zip?dl=0

Regards, Ian.

Thanks MD, appreciate that. 14-2 CA didn't crash so that's great. I'll see how the others go in time and let you know.

Cheers man

thumbup.gif