PL5EII in Dogfight

paco2002

Hello everyone!

When you use CAC mode, it Will set the PL5EII and the radar, but, how can I slave the PL5EII to the radar? That would be very useful in many situations

(I don't know if its posible or not, i've been trying without success).

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for answering.

But i've been trying it, and I think it doesn't work as it should.

That button is for slaving the seeker to the radar, wich gives you the ability to do off-boresight.

But in my yesterday test I was unable to lock and get a tone, the boresight moves to the objective, but starts moving around it and didn't lock, i had to move the plane and point with my plane nose to the objective, so my question is, Is that working correcly?

If I use that function, I will have to point with my plane towards the enemy plane, so no utility at all (IMO)

Please, have a look at it if you can and tell me if it's working properly or not, I think thats a necessary thing to have perfectly functional.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Im sorry but I had tests and thing to do. Here is the Video:

The main issue is that it cannot get a valid lock/tone whilo off-boresiting, you have to put the enemy in front of you, and that can be hard while dogfighting, and I don't think thats the way the missile Works.

(Sorry for the bad qual, I modify the wrong thing in OBS :doh::doh:)

After U have a HPT, just press uncage, the seeker will slave to HPT and begin search(assume you have PL5 ARM & READY).

It do have some bug at the moment(the elevation of the slave position maybe wrongly pointed), because of the radar elevation calculation errors. This has been reported internally and waiting to be fixed.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team