A little help please

JDarksword

Didn't know whether to put this here or one up so please move this if it's in the wrong place.

So I got Op Piercing Fury, have to say its great (the voiceovers are AWESOME), but I never really learned how to do 9 Lines so this is a learning experience for me. So I get to the point in the first mission where BelGeode the JTAC contacts for assistance. So at the time that I'm ordered to orbit I was at WP7. JTAC tells me to go to WP5 and fly HDG 290 to the target. I went to do that but then my character says that I will be on target in 120 seconds which is impossible as to get to WP5 and subsequently to the target would take longer than that. So i cut it short and turned to fly straight in at 290, I requested smoke but when I got to the target I couldn't see it on my TGP, so I hit the warehouse closest to the target coordinates (LM 19797 59710) and got nothing, no indication of wrong target hit, no indication of correct target or anything. Does anyone know what I did wrong other than guessing the target? If you need any more info just ask. Any help would be appreciated.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

On your CDU:

Make sure the rotaries are set to MISSION and OTHER.

Hit the "WP" key below the screen

Press the "Steerpoint" OSB (button on the side) on the menu that comes up.

Press the ?number that comes up on the right side. This will create a new steerpoint at the number specified next to the ?

Press the OSB that says "L/L" this will change to "UTM" and put your CDU coordinates into MGRS.

Enter the coordinates from your JTAC into the CDU.

Press the bottom left OSB, the coordinates should store into the CDU in your new steerpoint.

Set HUD as SOI.

Use DMS up/down to select your new steerpoint

Press China hat aft long to set steerpoint as SPI (in this case, your target coordinates)

Press China hat fwd long to slave all sensors to SPI

Kill it! :)

Good luck.

Edited by feefifofum
  • Like 1

On your CDU:

Press the ?number that comes up on the right side. This will create a new steerpoint at the number specified next to the ?

Press the OSB that says "L/L" this will change to "UTM" and put your CDU coordinates into MGRS.

Press the bottom left OSB, the coordinates should store into the CDU.

Set HUD as SOI.

Press China hat aft long to slave all sensors to steerpoint (in this case, your target coordinates)

Good luck.

Well said!

On your CDU:

Press the bottom left OSB, the coordinates should store into the CDU in your new steerpoint.

Set HUD as SOI.

Press China hat aft long to slave all sensors to steerpoint (in this case, your target coordinates)

Good luck.

That's basically what I did, I'll give it another shot tomorrow and report on how it goes, I probably messed something up somewhere :lol:

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

The building should look like a large factory with smoke stacks. :thumbup:

It's important to note if you aren't approaching at the prescribed heading the target will be masked by terrain until you're fairly close. Your TGP may appear to be looking at the side of a mountain but as you clear the hill you should be spot on.

Also don't just fixate at the TGP screen, look out the canopy often. The red smoke isn't very obvious on the black & white screen, but very visible looking out the window if you are at least near the right town. ;)

Also, you can request additional smoke using the F10 menu. This will make it very clear which building they want you to hit.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Also don't just fixate at the TGP screen, look out the canopy often. The red smoke isn't very obvious on the black & white screen, but very visible looking out the window if you are at least near the right town. ;)

Also, you can request additional smoke using the F10 menu. This will make it very clear which building they want you to hit.

I only had the additional smoke option once and thought that it was required, I was looking out the window but couldn't see that smoke, maybe it ran out? Like I said I will try it again today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SUCCESS! Thanks for the help guys, turns out the first time I had messed up the coordinates, this time I got it right and successfully destroyed the target and RTB'ed. Unfortunately my wingman decided to park himself on the runway so 3 and 4 couldn't land causing me to lose a couple of points.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately my wingman decided to park himself on the runway so 3 and 4 couldn't land causing me to lose a couple of points.

Don't park your aircraft yet, leave it running and sit on a taxi way waiting for the aircraft to land. For some reason there is an issue where AI will stop on a dime when landing and not move if you have already parked in a parking spot.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

problem with GBU-12?

Just did mission 1 of the campaign, very nice. But my GBU-12s seem to impact considerably (maybe 50m) off the target point locked in on the GBU. Obviously not an issue with the mission, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed GBU-12s missing since the last update?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Just did mission 1 of the campaign, very nice. But my GBU-12s seem to impact considerably (maybe 50m) off the target point locked in on the GBU. Obviously not an issue with the mission, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed GBU-12s missing since the last update?

One thing I noticed is that the TGP does not lase when slaved to a SPI. You have to put it in point or area track mode. This happened to me the first time I dropped a bomb in that mission, maybe it happened to you?

• 2 weeks later...
One thing I noticed is that the TGP does not lase when slaved to a SPI. You have to put it in point or area track mode. This happened to me the first time I dropped a bomb in that mission, maybe it happened to you?

Unless you set up auto lase you will also have to hit the pinky switch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't park your aircraft yet, leave it running and sit on a taxi way waiting for the aircraft to land. For some reason there is an issue where AI will stop on a dime when landing and not move if you have already parked in a parking spot.

Thats what i did, tried mission two and it worked fine even though I started taxiing to parking before the flight recovered.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

This also happened to me, just something to be aware of in mission 1.

Ah, I was wondering what was up with that.