[REPORTED]Planes piling up at airbases

Check this out please.

APC operations are not efficient / bugged.

Check the following image. These planes are awaiting take-off.

3 planes are circling the base for landing. No other planes are in the air around the airbase.

These planes are flying in a continuous circle, and aren't landing.

I have run this for about half an hour. The circling planes don't land, and the planes awaiting takefoff don't take-off.

Deadlock!

Screen_170828_081439.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Now this is interesting. One of the planes circling to land, got out of fuel and crashed. And now the other planes are landing!

This after ... 45 minutes?

Screen_170828_082516.jpg

Screen_170828_082531.jpg

[/TABLE]

Now all of the circling planes have landed, and still no take-off from the awaiting planes.

Screen_170828_083209.jpg

Screen_170828_082915.jpg

It sure gives some nice scenery.

But it is a bit dissapointing that these planes don't take-off!

Is this something worth to have a look at by ED please?

Sv.

[/TABLE]

Yes I have this from time to time. Somehow the queue gets out of order and they deadlock. Until a fighter comes along and shoots one and they fix themselves! :)

But seriously, from a code level, you can see that, no1 to land, is unable, yet no2, IS ABLE?! How is that possible? Must have been a "once only check" that was invalid then remains that way. Would appreciate a loop to keep checking for landing that didn't stop.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Am I the only one confused why the profile picture of you both says "MOOSE"?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Am I the only one confused why the profile picture of you both says "MOOSE"?

Check here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138043

[/TABLE]

Amazed to find that hardly anybody reacts. Isn't a sim about takeoff and landing???

And that excludes BIGNEWY ... , who is kind to help out.

You'll get a demo mission soon.

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Yes please post a mission file of it occurring. Sometimes we can recreate bugs based on screenshots or what a person said in a post, but not always. A mission file or track is still most appreciated, especially if the AI behavior is reliable within the mission itself. I can spend a day plopping down all the aircraft I want on my own and still won't be able to get the AI to be stuck in a loop like that. Observe dumb landing behavior, sure, but stuck in a loop or other similar bugs is not guaranteed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I will do a series of tests in 1.5.7 and 2.1.

APC-001: Airbase Takeoff and Landing test: Spawn 10 airplanes every 3 minutes. Observe time until landing, Taxi before takeoff, Takeoff, Landing holding, Taxi after landing, CPU efficiency and add Comments if any.

APC-002: Airbase Takeoff Stress Test: Spawn 10 airplanes after 10 seconds. Observe any Taxiing locks, or airplanes removal. Observe CPU efficiency.

APC-003: Airbase Landing test after Damage: Spawn 10 airplanes every 3 minutes. Attack some airborne airplanes. Observe landing and comment.

APC-004: Airbase Landing test out of fuel: Spawn 10 airplanes low on fuel every 3 minutes. Observe landing and comment.

APC-005: Airbase Landing test with 4 airplanes per group: Spawn 5 groups of 4 airplanes at the airbase. Observe takeoff and landing.

APC-006: Airbase Takeoff and Landing test with different airplane types: Observe takeoff and landing.

A result table will be shown explaining the results and things to look out for while resimulating.

And I will upload the test missions accordingly.

If required, I will add detailed descriptions of some of the findings in separate posts.

I am not an APC expert, but will document according my personal findings and interpretations.

If I make a mistake or have interpreted something wrong, pls verbose but don't shoot the messenger :-)

I am using MOOSE for the tests, as it helps me to dynamically spawn and do other stuff to support the tests. This test is not about the scripting engine, but about APC operations, so thought it is okay to do such.

FC

[/TABLE]

Test results of test scenario APC-001: Airbase Takeoff and Landing test: Spawn 10 airplanes every 3 minutes.

Overall: Overall test results.

Time: Total time in hours:minutes until all planes landed. --:-- is shown if not all planes could land (or takeoff).

Taxi Takeoff: Obervation of taxi behaviour and efficiency (speed, lockups, removal of planes).

Takeoff: Observation of takeoff efficiency.

Landing Hold: Observation of planes airborne while awaiting landing confirmation from airbase.

Taxi Landing: Observation of taxi behaviour and efficiency after landing. (speed, lockups, removal of planes).

CPU: Direction of time accelleration possible during test. The more time accellerated possible, the more efficient the CPU utilization is of the airbase APC.

Comments: Any other comment that documents the test.

Legend: ++ = perfect, + = good, - = remarks -- = failure with remarks.

[TABLE]| Overall | Time | Taxi Takeoff | Takeoff | Landing Hold | Taxi Landing | CPU | Comments

APC-001 - Anapa | -- | --:-- | -- Planes stop in the middle of the runway. | ++ | + | -- Planes are removed after landing due to deadlock. | x20 | -- Test failed badly. After all planes have landed, the planes awaiting takeoff don't start!

APC-001 - Krymsk | -- | --:-- | -- Planes crashed into each other! | + | ++ | - Landed planes block takeoff planes while taxiing and/or crash! | x20 | -- Test failed badly.

APC-001 - Novorossiysk | + |01:10 | + | ++ | + | + | x20 | - Planes seem to circle for a very long time. - Strange that planes U-turn on the runway?

APC-001 - Gelendzhk | + | 00:43 | + | ++ | + | + | x20 | - Strange that planes U-turn on the runway?

APC-001 - Krasnodar-Center | + | 00:54 | + | ++ | + | - 2 planes were removed after landing. | x20 |

APC-001 - Krasnodar-Pashkovsky | + | 01:20 | + | ++ | -- 9 planes circling and it took 40 minutes to land one plane! | + | x20 |

APC-001 - Maykop-Khanskaya | + | 00:57 | + | ++ | -- Once all planes took off, it took some time for all planes to land. | + | x20 |

APC-001 - Sochi-Adler | -- | --:-- | + | ++ | -- | -- Returned plane taxiing crashes into other plane taking off!!! | x2 | -- Whole airbase operations stopped due to crashed plane on taxi way. -- CPU Performance at Sochi is really bad. When a planes takes off, the whole performance just drops!

APC-001 - Mineralnye-Vody | - | 02:02 | + | + | + | -- The last two planes kept circling. No landing!!! | x20 | -- Suddenly one of the two planes landed after 00:55 minutes.

APC-001 - Mozdok | - | 01:53 | + | + | + | ++ A bulk of planes landed after each other. For no apparent reason the last 4 planes took 1 hour to land. | x20 |

APC-001 - Nalchik | + | 01:42 | + | ++ This is the only airbase where I see planes taking off and landing in a coordinated way. | -- The last 3 planes took 35 minutes to land! | ++ | x20 |

APC-001 - Beslan | -- |--:-- | -- Planes stopped taxxing to runway. Deadlock! | -- Planes taxi all the way to the end before takeoff. | - | + | x20 | -- This test fails badly. Two planes takeoff and land. After that, no planes takes off anymore!!!

APC-001 - Gudauta | -- | --:-- | + | + | -- Planes circle a long time. | + | x2 | -- Very, very bad CPU results. Haven't finished because it would take me 2 hours to run this.

APC-001 - Sukhumi-Babushara | - | 01:49 | ++ | + | -- 9 planes hold for about 20 minutes before one lands. -- The last 2 planes held for 20 minutes before landing! | -- Destroyed plane on runway! 9 planes removed. | x8 - x20 | -- Test failed.

APC-001 - Senaki-Kolkhi | ++ | 01:01 | ++ | + | ++ | ++ | x20 | This is a very good result!

APC-001 - Kutaisi | ++ | 01:00 | ++ | + | ++ | ++ | x20 | This is a very good result!

APC-001 - Kobuleti | ++ | 00:53 | ++ | + | ++ | ++ | x18 | This was one of the most efficient airbases.

APC-001 - Batumi | + | 01:43 | ++ | + | -- The last 3 airplanes were holding more than 50 minutes before landing. | ++ | x50 | The best performing airbase, despite the 3 landing holds.

APC-001 - Soganlug | ++ | 00:42 | + | ++ | - Some planes were holding a bit too long. | ++ | x20 | Landed airplanes at the airbase were removed due to limited parking spots. That's okay!

APC-001 - Tbilisi-Lochini | ++ | 00:53 | ++ | ++ | + | ++ | x 20 | Very good result!

APC-001 - Vaziani | ++ | 00:58 | ++ | ++ | + | ++ | x 20 | Very good result!

[/TABLE]

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Anapa

-- Planes stop in the middle of the runway.

-- Planes are removed after landing due to deadlock.

-- Test failed badly. After all planes have landed, the planes awaiting takeoff don't start!

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Anapa.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Krymsk

-- Planes crashed into each other!

- Landed planes block takeoff planes while taxiing and/or crash!

-- Test failed badly.

Screen_170903_110733.jpg

Screen_170903_110718.jpg

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Krymsk.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Novorossiysk

Time: 01:10

- Planes seem to circle for a very long time.

- Strange that planes U-turn on the runway?

Screen_170903_081555.jpg

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Novorossiysk.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Gelendzhik

Overall: Good

Time: 00:43

- Strange that planes U-turn on the runway?

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Gelendzhik.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Krasnodar-Center

Overal: Good

Time: 00:54

- 2 planes were removed after landing.

Screen_170903_111709.jpg

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Krasnodar-Center.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Krasnodar-Pashkovsky

Overall: good

Time: 01:20

-- 9 planes circling and it took 40 minutes to land one plane!

Screen_170903_112021.jpg

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Krasnodar-Pashkovsky.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Maykop-Khanskaya

Overall: good

Time: 00:57

-- Once all planes took off, it took some time for all planes to land.

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Maykop-Khanskaya.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Sochi-Adler

Overall: -- BAD!!!

Time --:--

-- Returned plane taxiing crashes into other plane taking off!!!

-- Whole airbase operations stopped due to crashed plane on taxi way.

-- CPU Performance at Sochi is really bad. When a planes takes off, the whole performance just drops!

Screen_170903_092248.jpg

Screen_170903_092255.jpg

Screen_170903_092311.jpg

Screen_170903_092416.jpg

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Sochi-Adler.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Mineralnye-Vody

Overall: Not good

Time: 02:02 takes too long to land all planes

-- The last two planes kept circling. No landing!!!

Screen_170903_093030.jpg

Screen_170903_093217.jpg

Screen_170903_093314.jpg

-- Suddenly one of the two planes landed after 00:55 minutes.

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Minaralnye-Vody.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Mozdok

Overall: Not good

Time: 01:53

++ A bulk of planes landed after each other.

-- For no apparent reason the last 4 planes took 1 hour to land.

Screen_170903_093531.jpg

Screen_170903_093549.jpg

Screen_170903_093740.jpg

Screen_170903_093809.jpg

Screen_170903_093843.jpg

Screen_170903_093948.jpg

Screen_170903_094000.jpg

Screen_170903_094033.jpg

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Mozdok.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Nalchik

Overall: acceptable

Time: 01:42

++ This is the only airbase where I see planes taking off and landing in a coordinated way.

-- The last 3 planes took 35 minutes to land!

Screen_170903_094256.jpg

Screen_170903_094302.jpg

Screen_170903_094352.jpg

Screen_170903_094346.jpg

Screen_170903_094558.jpg

Screen_170903_094841.jpg

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Nalchik.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Beslan

Overall: Very, very bad!

Time: --:--

-- Planes stopped taxxing to runway. Deadlock!

-- Planes taxi all the way to the end before takeoff.

-- This test fails badly. Two planes takeoff and land. After that, no planes takes off anymore!!!

Screen_170903_095228.jpg

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Beslan.miz

[/TABLE]

APC-001 - Gudauta

Overall: Very bad.

Time: --:--

-- Planes circle a long time.

-- Very, very bad CPU results. Haven't finished because it would take me 2 hours to run this.

-- Accelleration cannot be done above x2???

-- This base will kill performance on servers!

APC-001 - Takeoff and Landing - Gudauta.miz

[/TABLE]