upgrading DCS BS 1 from direct2drive / gamefly

Geezuz

Hi,

a good while ago I bought Black Shark from D2D which is now of course Gamefly.

My question is, I want to upgrade to BS 2 - what is the best process to do that. I hear about a DCS World, and it all seems to have changed quite a bit.

Oh, I also have DCS A-10 Warthog, on Steam though. Would be nice to combine it all if possible. Also thinking of adding in combined arms (I think - can I create things in there and then fly the A-10 / BS in whatever is happening in combined arms?)

Thanks in advance...

Purchase and download the bs2 upgrade along with dcs world. Bs1 will need to be activated to install. The a10c serial from steam will work just fine for the dcs world module. You could also download both from the module manager within dcs world. I can't comment on combined arms as I haven't purchased that module. If you have the extra $ I would recommend purchasing the full version of bs2 as it eliminates alot of the hassle of installing as the upgrade wont install without bs1 installed and activated.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Bs1 will need to be activated to install.

Thanks for the reply...I am not sure though I understand the above...I need to activate Black Shark 1 before I install? Don't I install and then activate?

Also I thought DCS World is free, not something I need to purchase?

He means that BS1 needs to be activated before you can install BS2. DCS World is free, it is just the way he worded it when telling you to purchase the BS2 upgrade.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmm, sorry but I don't really want to spend more money than I have to.

Naturally, I did run into a problem: I don't know how to activate Black Shark 1 inside of DCS World. All I see there is a buy button.

BS1 must be installed separately. Just install it to any drive/location OTHER than the DCS world folder. Then activate it. Once that is done, you can then install the BS2 module to DCS world and activate it. After all that's done, if you need the space, you can safely delete BS1 from your system.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

BS1 must be installed separately. Just install it to any drive/location OTHER than the DCS world folder. Then activate it. Once that is done, you can then install the BS2 module to DCS world and activate it. After all that's done, if you need the space, you can safely delete BS1 from your system.

I'm sorry I must be dense. BS 1 *is* installed to another folder. I am not sure how you mean activate it...Is that a step during installation?

I'm sorry I must be dense. BS 1 *is* installed to another folder. I am not sure how you mean activate it...Is that a step during installation?

Start multiplayer, it should start the activation wizard for BS1.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Perhaps it was still activated from a previous installation.

You can check if there is an activation for BS1 in the Windows registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Black Shark

Did you use the BS1 installer from Direct2Drive or the one from Eagle Dynamics?

Do you still get an error when trying to install BS2 Upgrade?

thanks... I have reinstalled it and ran it for a couple of minutes yesterday so I should be good to just buy and download the upgrade and install it I assume.

If the above statement indicates that you actually flew the chopper for a few minutes, then Black Shark 1 is activated.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well the thing is, if I start DCS World and try to install it, it tells me BS1 needs to be installed and activated. Same if I just try the file itself and choose the upgrade license.

I didn't fly, but I was in the lobby watching, so I had definitely connected.

I don't think there's any other installer than the GF one.

Something odd though. I on a whim started the update file and selected the first license thing. It seems to have installed...right now something within DCS World is updating something.

that didn't work either, as I should have known. ASks me for the serial when I start a mission. Mine of course don't work because they're for the upgrade. When I exit I then see the chopper in game but can't get to cockpit view or do anything.

Hey Geez, When you run BS1 and start a multilayer Game, Bs1 will ask you for a code key. That code key you got from D2D is the one it wants and no other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

After you Activate BS1 and Its runs Forget it!!! Install the NEW 1.25v. of DCS World followed by the 1.25v. of BS2 upgrade for BS1! After install check the Module Manager for code key and install. You can add the DCS A10 after that if you want.. Hope this helps:thumbup:

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Hey Geez, When you run BS1 and start a multilayer Game, Bs1 will ask you for a code key. That code key you got from D2D is the one it wants and no other.

It does not, and has not, asked me for a cd key. I just entered a MP game, sat in the helicopter and started it up with win+home. no cd key was asked, ever.

Odd though, when I first clicked fly it just showed me a truck. Had to do it again and then I was in the helo.

OK try this, Go to your Program file (x86)/Eagle Dynamics/Ka50/bin/stable/protect and activate from there.. what ops sys you running?

Edited by slowhand

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

OK try this, Go to your Program file (x86)/Eagle Dynamics/Ka50/bin/stable/protect and activate from there.. what ops sys you running?

Ok I did that. It told me that the app is already activated and that it's still valid. asks me if I want to run without reactivation. I said no. It did the activation again, with serial and what not. I got this:

Activation is successfully completed. License parameters:

The key is valid from 4/30/2009 11:13:00 PM for unlimited period of time Activations left: 7

So I'm all happy, start up DCS World, click module manager, click install on the BS2 upgrade, and yet again it tells me BS1 needs to be installed and activated :(

same happens with the upgrade file I downloaded when I execute that.

Is your BS1 login the same as your DCS world login.I mean like same email address? Check and make sure your using the right login for the game.

Edited by slowhand

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

maybe try to deactivate, deleting the registry entry, then reactivating. I never had any issues with the upgrade so I dont know if this will help. You can fly a single player mission with no issues? The way I always installed was bs1 then single player instant mission to activate. Then bs2 and haven't had an issue.

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Is your BS1 login the same as your DCS world login.I mean like same email address? Check and make sure your using the right login for the game.

umm, I don't know, how do i find that out?

Also btw you guys are fantastic - very helpful forum, this.